Financial Analyst - Treasury
Company: Robert W. Baird
Posted on: November 22, 2021
The Treasury team is responsible for monitoring Baird's
liquidity and balance sheet, cash flow, funding sources and uses,
foreign currency exposures and returns on capital. The Treasury
team works closely with outside credit providers and other groups
within Baird, including risk management, operations and capital
markets, to support Baird's growing business. The Treasury team
prepares forward looking models supporting future financing
decisions and dividend policies, oversees hedging strategies and
manages Baird's balance sheet including cash and debt activity.As a
Treasury Analyst, you will:The Treasury Analyst supports the
Treasury team. The duties and responsibilities of the Treasury
Analyst include, but are not limited to, the following major
categories of Treasury team responsibilities:
- Cash & Balance Sheet Management - Manage BFC cash fundings and
payments. Record daily cash and debt balances and project future
cash needs based on projected cash inflows and outflows. Ensure
proper recording of cash and debt activity in the Treasury system.
Prepare daily cash forecasts.
- Manage Treasury Monthly Close Process - Execute intercompany,
cash and debt journal entries and journal entries charging business
units cost of funds according to Treasury policy. Prepare interest
and cost of funds reporting for distribution to the business units
and overall Treasury dashboards.
- Credit Relationship Management - Prepare and deliver bank
borrowing notices and related debt activity. Manage bank and
private placement distributions and required deliverables. Prepare
quarterly debt covenant calculations and reporting. Assist in
preparation of materials for periodic bank meetings.
- Hedging - Prepare hedging analysis and review effectiveness of
hedging decisions on foreign currency and/or interest rates.
- Liquidity Management - Prepare analysis of historical and
projected trends in sources and uses of liquidity (cash, inventory,
bank borrowing, repurchase agreements). Prepare monthly liquidity
models and stress testing scenarios.
- Budget - Prepare treasury budget including projecting key
balance sheet items and related interest income and expense. Assist
in preparation of materials in support of foreign currency and
interest rate projections.
- Committee Meetings - Prepare various analysis of historical and
projected cash and debt activity in support of liquidity and
funding decisions made by the Finance and/or Treasury Committees.
Prepare materials for monthly Treasury Committee meetings.
- Special Projects -Assist in preparation of ad-hoc pro forma
analysis of cash, debt and financial covenants in support of
long-term debt and dividend strategies. Participation in other
treasury team, department or firm-wide projects and
initiatives.What we look for:
- Bachelor's degree in Business (Finance or Accounting
- Advanced degree/MBA is beneficial
- 0-3 years of experience preferred
- Willingness to obtain Series 7 licensing within agreed upon
- Willingness to obtain Bloomberg certification
- Attention to detail, accuracy and reliability with a drive for
- Strong written and verbal communications skills with the
ability to work effectively as a team player
- Produces high quality, timely and accurate work output
- Organizational and time management skills with the ability to
work independently, complete multiple concurrent responsibilities,
proactively communicate and take initiative
- Problem-solving and analytical skills with the ability to take
ownership as needed with a desire for continual learning
- Anticipate client needs and provide superior service
- Gathers appropriate information to identify and recommend
process improvement opportunities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products with an emphasis on
Excel#LI-YA1Commitment to Inclusion & DiversityBaird is committed
to inclusion & diversity for our clients, our associates and the
communities where we live and work. This commitment stems from our
culture of integrity, genuine concern for others and respect for
the individual. We view inclusion & diversity as an ongoing journey
- one of shared responsibility, continuous improvement and a focus
on progress. We invite you to join us as we work together to foster
an environment where diversity unites rather than divides us. Learn
Keywords: Robert W. Baird, Milwaukee , Financial Analyst - Treasury, Accounting, Auditing , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!