Accounting and Finance Business Development Managing Director
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Welcome to Vaco - an uncommon company with an empowered culture.
At Vaco, we welcome talented malcontents seeking a collaborative
environment where creative freedom rings. Entrepreneur and sales
leader sought for growing finance and accounting practice! Our
clients range from CFOs and VPs of finance, tax, and internal audit
as well as Controllers and Accounting Managers. They rely on us
because we speak their language and understand their needs. If you
have the finance and accounting credentials, business acumen, and
market intelligence to deliver the right expertise, read on. Since
2002, we have grown to over $750 MM in annual revenue and more than
40 locations. And with no plans of slowing down anytime soon, we
are seeking big thinkers to lead us into the future. If you are
looking for a conservative, bureaucratic corporation, Vaco may not
be the place for you. If, however, you are a lifetime learner who
thrives in a high growth, entrepreneurial environment, read on! A
Day in the Life Your CFO client just called. Her accounting
department could really use help prepping for an upcoming audit. Or
maybe she needs a seasoned project manager to lead a merger
integration. The Managing Director is a strategic business thinker
and team builder. Someone who is highly competitive with a servant
leader's heart. Leading through individual production, the Managing
Director is the beacon of success by identifying market trends,
attracting, and retaining top performing talent, developing high
performing teams, coaching, counseling, and teaching. Duties and
- Set example for all in the office with pace and intensity of
- Develop and manage a book of business for high-level projects
in audit, financial reporting, FP&A, M&A, taxation,
software implementations, and more.
- Manage an elite recruiting team to maintain awareness of
available talent and marketable skill sets, while also keeping them
informed on upcoming projects/talent needs.
- Run team meetings to increase efficiency and drive
- Deliver and execute best practices related to client service
and consultant relations.
- Foster brand identity in local markets through social media,
events and public relations congruent with Vaco global
- Contribute to Vaco global by promoting cross location and
functional sharing of Vaco best practices.
- The above statements describe the general nature and level of
work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required
responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or
this description amended at any time. 'Best Place to Work' Perks
- True base salary and uncapped compensation package that
surpasses industry standards.
- Annual, FIVE STAR vacations (we call it "Vatopia") for meeting
top tier performance goals.
- Annual world class training where all Vacotians, as we like to
call them, get together to meet, learn, and exchange ideas.
- Generous PTO that increases with tenure.
- Technology packages that include smart phone coverage,
up-to-date equipment, and top tier online resources.
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k,
pet insurance, life insurance, disability and more! Vaco Values
Duties and responsibilities are to be performed while observing the
following Core Tenets:
- A Team First Approach, aligning with the core tenets: Proud to
Wear Jersey, Stay Team Focused, and Assume Positive Intent
- Self-Awareness, aligning with the core tenets Outlaws Welcome,
Stay Coachable and Be Comfortable with Healthy Conflict
- Solutions Oriented, aligning with the core tenets Be
Entrepreneurial, Be Electable, Fix the Problem Not the Blame
- Grit, aligning with the core tenets Work Hard, Stay Free and
Play 'til the Whistle. Desired Competencies and Skills:
- Ensures Accountability: holding self and others accountable to
- Attracts Top Talent: attracting and selecting the best talent
to meet current and future business needs.
- Manages Conflict: handling conflict situations effectively,
with a minimum of noise.
- Customer Focus: building strong customer relationships and
delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Instills Trust -gaining the confidence and trust of others
through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Drives Results: consistently achieving results, even under
- Being Resilient: rebounding from setbacks and adversity when
facing difficult situations.
- Action Oriented: taking on new opportunities and tough
challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and
- Communicates Effectively: developing and delivering multi-mode
communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique
needs of different audiences.
- Decision Quality: making sound and timely decisions that keep
the team moving forward.
- Drives Engagement: creating a climate where people are
motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its
objectives. Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements below represent the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. Education/Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree required. CPA, CFA, MBA or other professional
designation highly desired.
- Minimum 7 years' selling accounting/financial project
- Background in audit, tax, and/or public accounting a must.
- Proven success achieving and/or exceeding performance
- Strong desire to lead while remaining hands-on in business
development. Technical Skills:
- Must have working knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Experience with Bullhorn preferred. Basic Skills:
- Able to work with a sense of urgency and meet tight deadlines;
Organized, detailed, and results driven. Travel:
Keywords: Vaco, Milwaukee , Accounting and Finance Business Development Managing Director, Accounting, Auditing , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!