Assistant Accounting Manager
Company: Yamato Corporation
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Responsible for daily accounting operations, including preparing
and/or reviewing appropriate ledger entries and reconciliations,
maintaining the general ledger system and assist in preparing
financial statements for Yamato Corporation. Supervise assigned
activities and staff. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Assists in preparing monthly financial statements and all
supporting schedules for Yamato Corporation. Provides financial
statements to upper management and parent company in a timely
manner. Analyze financial statements and provide recommendations on
financial reports and cash flow. Create ad hoc analyses and respond
to business inquiries to understand material drivers of financial
- Become the subject matter expert / super user of our Epicor ERP
system for all accounting, costing, inventory related functions.
Assist with the maintenance of ERP master data and be the main
accounting point of contact for Epicor. The role will grow to have
a deep knowledge of our business processes and how Epicor is
leveraged to perform them.
- Execute monthly accounting close procedures and closing of the
books. Ensures timely processing of service tech time sheets and
service job cost accounting transactions as prepared by accounting
staff. Coordinates processing of fixed asset transactions by
- Assists CFO and Accounting Manager in preparing financial
reporting and presentations for Board of Director's meetings and
meetings with Yamato Scale Company Ltd. (Japan) throughout the
year. Compiles and loads annual company-wide and departmental
- Assists with administration of employee credit card and travel
- Perform assigned inventory cycle counts and investigate
significant variances to identify root causes.
- You are a strong Senior Accounting/Financial Analyst with at
least 2 years in your current role and a minimum of 5 years in
general accounting with demonstrated career progression.
- You have an undergraduate degree in accounting or finance.
- CPA and/or MBA or working towards a plus.
- You are the go-to person at your current company in answering
questions about the functionality of your ERP system.
- You enjoy and are highly proficient in excel.
- You have outstanding communication skills and are able to
listen to issues from coworkers and other departments to be part of
developing solutions that help the company. PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While
performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required
to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use
hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally
required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms and lift up
to 10 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Eligibility on first day of employment for company-paid
benefits such as health, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and
long-term disability subject to plan terms.**Yamato currently pays
for 100% of the health, dental and vision premiums!!!
- Eligibility for 401(k) plan on 1st day of month following 30
days of service with a company match of 4% on employee deferral of
5% or more. Additionally, you are fully vested in the employer
match on Day1 if enrolled in the plan!
- 18 paid time off (PTO) days accrued by calendar year.
- Ten (10) Company-paid holidays per calendar year Learn more at
Keywords: Yamato Corporation, Milwaukee , Assistant Accounting Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Grafton, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!