Business Banking Relationship Manager
Company: Bank of Montreal
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Address:1425 W. Mequon RoadJob Family Group:Commercial Sales &
ServiceProvides technical expertise for proactive credit analysis,
structuring, pricing, and overall transactions assessment within
the assigned portfolio / jurisdiction. Provides advisory supports
to the team to provide insights on the accuracy and consistency of
decisions relative to risk strategies, policies, and appetite.
Identifies deficiencies and recommends corrective action plans.
Makes credit and pricing decisions and recommendations in
accordance with sound credit-granting principles in compliance with
Bank policies and procedures.
- Identifies prospective customers, and/or refers customers with
Personal Banking and/or more complex needs to appropriate
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and
information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Monitors and tracks performance, and addresses any issues.
- Designs and produces regular and ad-hoc reports, and
- Coordinates the management of databases; ensures alignment and
integration of data in adherence with data governance
- Provides advice and support with a focus on unique and complex
credit transactions; provides day-to-day technical support for team
- Independently examines credit transactions and related
reporting (e.g. exception reports) for adherence to transactional
policies and procedures.
- Develops risk profiles, credit structuring of lending
proposals, and completes credit investigations.
- Examines individual transactions for the designated portfolio
and aggregates portfolio information to monitor, analyze, and
report on the quality of credit activities and risk-related
- Understands customer needs and offers financial solutions that
meet customer goals.
- Understands the local market and proactively develops
relationships with centres of influence.
- Develops internal and external networks and referral sources to
ensure ongoing growth of BMO's business.
- Recommends and implements solutions based on analysis of issues
and implications for the business.
- Delivers exceptional customer service to build trust by
providing expertise, responsive service, and support.
- Assists in the development of strategic plans.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform
- Develops solutions and makes recommendations based on an
understanding of the business strategy and stakeholder needs.
- Provides input into the planning and implementation of
- Provides advice and guidance to assigned business/group on
implementation of solutions.
- Ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Supports the execution of strategic initiatives in
collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Helps determine business priorities and best sequence for
execution of business/group strategy.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve
- Builds change management plans of varying scope and type; leads
or participates in a variety of change management activities
including readiness assessments, planning, stakeholder management,
execution, evaluation, and sustainment of initiatives.
- Executes work to deliver timely, accurate, and efficient
- Develops, maintains, and executes a business plan, including
relationship management strategies, to achieve customer retention
- Develops client rapport and instils confidence to develop
credibility and earn their trust as relationship manager.
- Identifies business needs, designs/develops tools and training
and coaching programs to address observed trends and skill gaps;
may include delivery of training to audiences.
- Follows security and safeguarding procedures and applies due
diligence in accordance with Bank's policies and ethical standards
for the prevention of loss due to fraud, robbery, counterfeiting,
money laundering, or defalcation.
- Adheres to business banking lending processes, policies,
procedures, legal, regulatory, audit, and ethical
- Maintains the confidentiality of customer and Bank information
in compliance with Bank policies and procedures.
- Identifies risks and takes appropriate actions, including all
documentation and other regulatory requirements to maintain
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have
broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems
within given rules.
- Works independently on a range of complex tasks, which may
include unique situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as
- Typically between 4 - 6 years of relevant experience and
post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Successful completion of CMS Compass Program or equivalent
knowledge and experience - required.
- Strong knowledge of business banking products, lending
processes and loan documentation, and supporting policies,
procedures, and technologies.
- Strong experience with customer sales and service.
- Technical proficiency gained through education and/or business
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.We're here to helpAt BMO
Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good
in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive
change for our customers, our communities and our people. By
working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform
lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.As
a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and
heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. - We
strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and
our customers. - We'll support you with the tools and resources you
need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach
theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and
network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable
experience, and broaden your skillset.To find out more visit us at
.BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and
accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we
gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris
Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race,
color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran
status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part
in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation,
please contact your recruiter.Note to Recruiters: BMO Harris Bank
does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than
directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO
Harris Bank, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO Harris
Bank property. BMO Harris Bank will not pay a fee for any placement
resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting
agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency
agreement contract for service to submit resumes.
Keywords: Bank of Montreal, Milwaukee , Business Banking Relationship Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Mequon, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...