Company: Lakeside Foods Inc.
Location: Random Lake
Posted on: November 22, 2021
When you join the Lakeside team, you'll become part of our
family. Since 1887 we've worked to produce a diverse line of canned
and frozen foods at our 13 locations. And sell our products through
most major retailers, foodservice distributors and national
restaurant chains. We're driven to find new, innovative ways to
serve our customers and our community. At Lakeside, we are
committed to growing our company - and our people. And there's a
seat at the table for you.POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for
coordinating and overseeing all office functions including, but not
limited to, accounts payable, production reports, payroll, data
entry, assist in answering phones, taking messages and routing
information, greeting and directing all visitors to appropriate
personnel. WHAT YOU'LL DO::
- Must be knowledgeable & proficient in Microsoft Word and
- Acquire working knowledge & proficiency in all company based
computer programs/systems that cover; Payroll Attendance,
Communication Board, SAP, etc.
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail and distribute to appropriate
- Answer phone calls, transfer calls, and deliver messages as
- Greet visitors and confirm that they are signed in and have
been issued visitor badges, bump caps, safety glasses, hairnets,
etc. as requited.
- Ability to perform assigned clerical duties with little or no
- Demonstrate problem-solving techniques when completing assigned
- Responsible for the bill of lading and other paperwork for all
outgoing shipments, maintaining inventory.
- Process accounts payable invoices, receive, and scan to
- Assist HR Mgr. with employee orientation training, new hire
paperwork and maintain files.
- Understand and perform various duties related to the Accounting
Mgr. position, and provide back-up
- Assist with payroll
- Support daily operations as needed.
- General housekeeping
- Always be aware of safety hazards when working inside & out the
- Notify management of any immediately if any unsafe or
potentially hazardous conditions are discovered.
- Adhere to all Lakeside Foods policies and procedures.
- May perform other duties as assigned by the management team,
assist with designated projects, etc.
- Ability to write simple correspondence
- Computer, keyboard, calculator, and typing skills
necessary.WHAT YOU'LL BRING:Knowledge
- Associate's Degree (A.A) or equivalent from two-year college or
technical school; or six months to one year related experience
and/or training or equivalent combination of education and
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, documents and
- Ability to write simple correspondence
- Computer, keyboard, calculator, and typing skills necessary.
- Ability to calculate figures & amounts such as discounts,
- Ability to apply concepts of basic mathematics.Reasoning
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with problems
involving several concrete variables in standardized
situations.TEAMWORK AT LAKESIDE (TAL): Through individual and team
efforts, enthusiastically work toward the continuous improvement of
his/her job, work area, department and Lakeside as a whole. Fully
participate in TAL by "living" Lakeside's Standards of Conduct and
being an active member of operational and project teams. By action
and work, clearly and visibly demonstrate the spirit of teamwork,
cooperation and respect for others in all business transactions and
exchanges. Proactively create an environment that clearly and
sincerely encourages the spirit of TAL in all areas of
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel
objects, tools, or controls.
- Walking will be required periodically to obtain materials,
communicate with people, and for various warehouse tasks as
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- Inside work, up to 10 hours/day and occasional
weekends.Majority of task completed while sitting (85%)Lakeside
Foods welcomes people of all backgrounds and the varied ideas they
bring to the workplace. Being an equal opportunity and affirmative
action employer is part of our heritage and culture. We recruit,
hire and promote employees based on qualifications and merit,
without regard to race, religion, age, gender, disability, marital
or veteran status.M/F/D/V#CB
Keywords: Lakeside Foods Inc., Milwaukee , Office Assistant, Administration, Clerical , Random Lake, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!