Assistant Director Marketing Strategy
Company: Northwestern Mutual
Posted on: September 14, 2018
At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company nearly 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.We're strong and growing. In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative and growing.We invest in our people. We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.We care. We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and financial support to causes they're passionate about.--We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.--What's the role?Assist the Sr Director Marketing Effectiveness and other department leaders in the creation and execution of department strategies. These activities include guiding the process of department short- and long-term strategy creation, assuring alignment across departmental and company goals, driving and developing department strategy communication, supporting strategy execution, and measuring outcomes. Principle Accountabilities:
- Lead departmental strategic planning by implementing and facilitating the process to gather strategy input from leaders across the department. Ensure that plans are aligned with the strategy and metrics are linked to the plans. Develop and execute a communication plan that helps drive results and increases employee engagement.
- Identify potential strategic initiatives based on research and collaboration with stakeholders (e.g., departments, field, community), and support development of appropriate projects and plans. Recommend adjustments, as needed, to reflect changing business priorities.
- Lead strategy metric identification and goal setting. Work with team members to establish appropriate measures, ensuring that they are linked to strategic objectives. Facilitate team metrics setting and review discussions, and promote the production of timely metric reports / dashboards. Measurement includes strategy performance reporting, as well as identify improvement opportunities.
- Develop presentation content and other support to ensure timely and appropriate communication to internal and external constituents, as appropriate.
- Lead or participate in special projects as needed. Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business or related field required.
- Minimum eight years of progressively responsible business and leadership experience, including a strong track record of developing and executing strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and to develop implementation plans to address long-range business needs at the department and corporate level.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to identify and cultivate relationships with key stakeholders representing a broad range of functions and levels in order to advance strategic objectives.
- Strong financial, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to consult with stakeholders and influence without authority to accomplish business objectives.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) with an ability to make presentations and create written reports.--Req ID: 23703
Position Type: Regular Full Time
Education Experience: Bachelor's Required
Employment Experience: 6-8 years
FLSA Status: Exempt
Posting Date: 08/24/2018
Keywords: Northwestern Mutual, Milwaukee , Assistant Director Marketing Strategy, Advertising , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!