Child Day Care Teacher -- Franciscan Villa
Company: CHI Living Communities
Location: South Milwaukee
Posted on: February 23, 2021
At CHI Living Communities, we believe a job should be more than
simply a means of earning a living. It should be a learning
experience, a path to personal growth, and most importantly, a way
of putting faith into action. All full- and part-time employees are
eligible for our competitive wage scales, PTO cash out, pay on
demand, free CEUs through Relias Learning, tuition reimbursement,
and a 401(k) plan with a company match and annual contribution.
Full-time employees are additionally eligible for medical, dental,
vision, life, and disability insurance. Franciscan Villa is a
senior living community that offers three levels of assisted living
options, rehabilitative services, skilled nursing care and a Child
Day Center for our employees and members of the community. We are
currently hiring for Full Time Child Day Care Teachers. A Child Day
- Plans, schedules, implements and supervises the daily program
of appropriate developmental experiences for a classroom group of
children that meets our center policies as well as state and
- Provides care and protection for assigned children and
maintains state required ratios. Administers first aid treatment
and any medication authorized in writing by parent.
- Ensures necessary documentation is complete such as daily
sheets, meal counts, sign in/out sheets, accident reports, lesson
- Participates in staff meetings, training sessions, conferences,
workshops, and other career development and professional
activities. Meets yearly continuing education requirements.
- Keeps all areas of the center clean and sanitary to maintain
infection control and orderly, pleasant surroundings.
- Provides quality customer service to children and parents,
including treating them all with dignity and respect, greeting them
and maintaining confidentiality.
- Participates in Intergenerational Programs as assigned.
- Meets all physical requirements such as sitting, standing,
squatting, bending, twisting, walking, pushing, pulling, moving at
a fast pace and lifting sometimes over 50 pounds.
- Maintains good attendance and is flexible to work within the
hours of operation. Requirements A person hired to be a Child Day
Care Teacher shall be qualified in the following ways:
- Is at least 18 years of age and has completed high school or
its equivalent as determined by the Wisconsin department of public
- Has documented at least 80 full days or 120 half days of
experience as an assistant child care teacher in a licensed child
care center or other approved early childhood setting.
- Full Time Position requires Level 9 on the Child Care
- Has completed one of the following:
- Two non-credit department-approved courses in early childhood
education. Note: Introduction to the Child Care Profession and
Skills and Strategies for the Child Care Teacher are the names of
the non-credit courses approved.
Keywords: CHI Living Communities, Milwaukee , Child Day Care Teacher -- Franciscan Villa, Education / Teaching , South Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!