Teacher's Aide (FT)
Company: Lad Lake Inc
Posted on: May 15, 2022
For more than a century, Lad Lake has fostered the growth of
children and young adults throughout Wisconsin and the Midwest -
providing the opportunity for them to take their futures into their
own hands by teaching responsibility and accountability. Most of
all, Lad Lake has given boys and girls the chance to make a fresh
start. Guiding growth has been our mission from the very beginning.
It's what we do best: guiding youth and their families on a path
towards independence and achievement.We are looking for a
compassionate and cooperative individual to provide classroom
support, as well as maintain the safety and development of the
students in his/her care.JOB SUMMARY The primary responsibilities
of the Teacher's Aide are to provide academic and behavioral
assistance to the assigned classroom teacher. ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Fostering an educational environment conducive to
- Working in cooperation with the classroom teachers to help
provide academic support/assistance to Lad Lake's students.
- Academically support/assistance individuals, small groups, or
as determined by the classroom teacher.
- Monitors students' behavior and conduct: providing guidance and
- Maintains functional lines of communication and interaction
with staff of and other Lad Lake departments to produce effective
team relationships as they relate to the implementation of overall
programs of services to students.
- Input in students' ratings at the end of the class period.
- Regular in-person attendance is an essential function of this
- Participates in staff meetings.
- Participate in all required In-Services.
- Additional duties as assigned by Principal.REQUIRED
EXPERIENCEMust be or be willing to be vaccinated against COVID-19
to be considered for this position.Must be able to deal with
students in a positive and confident manner; be equitable and
consistent when working with a culturally, racially, and
economically diverse student population. Is team-oriented,
flexible, and possesses effective behavior management techniques.At
least one year of experience working with youth in an Education,
Residential Treatment, or Alternative Youth program setting. A
qualified person must be at least 21 years of age, have a valid
Wisconsin Drivers License, and have a good driving record in
accordance with the agency's automobile policy.BENEFITS
- Pay range of $15 - $18 based on experience
- Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, STD, LTD Benefits
- Variable sick time for school personnel based upon teaching
- Holiday pay (up to 8 days)
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401k plan
- Free meals when eating with clients
- Casual dress
- Company-paid training
- Ongoing paid training
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness Employer
Keywords: Lad Lake Inc, Milwaukee , Teacher's Aide (FT), Education / Teaching , Dousman, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!