Company: Open Sky
Posted on: November 26, 2022
HOPE Christian Schools: Semper is seeking a strategic, dynamic,
and passionate Elementary Teachers. This is an exciting opportunity
to set the vision and direction of a school within a larger network
of high performing Christian schools. Our students work extremely
hard and are held to very high expectations regarding both academic
achievement and character development. A qualified person who
achieves these high standards for our students will need to exhibit
a commitment to loving our students, an unyielding belief that all
children can and must succeed, a passion for developing the
character of a serving leader in every child, and a belief that
consistent high-impact coaching and feedback from a school leader
is necessary for all.Responsibilities:
- Set and hold students to extremely high academic and behavioral
- Embody and demonstrate a loving, Christ-like character and
ensure that students exhibit the same values.
- Take personal responsibility for the academic outcomes of every
- Set measurable, ambitious, and attainable goals for the year
and each interim assessment cycle.
- Develop and implement daily lesson plans as part of a long-term
Scope and Sequence aligned to the curricular goals of HOPE
- Employ a variety of creative, differentiated, and
research-based instructional strategies that ensure students are
actively engaged in meaningful and rigorous learning
- Develop a positive, achievement-oriented and structured
learning environment so that all students are invested in their
academic excellence and can fulfill their potential.
- Set and reinforce clear expectations and routines that align to
school-wide values and policies.
- Build rapport with students, parents, and families so they
understand that teachers love them.
- Continually improve teaching skills by seeking out constructive
feedback and professional development opportunities.
- Use an effective system for tracking student mastery of
curricular objectives for each unit and throughout the school
- Collaborate with team members to ensure a loving, rigorous, and
safe environment across the entire school.
- Assume responsibility for every single scholar's success by
holding all students accountable to school-wide behavioral
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested by
- Assist teachers, students, and parents in the effective
creation and implementation of individual behavior plans
- Live and act as a biblical role model and HOPE Christians
Schools representative in your life for our scholars, team members
- Agree to comply at all times with our Code of Conduct and
Statement of Faith.
- Agree to engage in the faith life of our scholars and in
collaboration with other team membersQualifications:
- Strong instructional and classroom management skills.
- Demonstrated mastery and enthusiasm for content knowledge.
- Strong organization, planning, and time management skills.
- A tireless work ethic, entrepreneurial spirit, and innovative
- Serving Leader able to continually confront the brutal facts,
inspire, equip, and support the school to achieve its mission.
- Open to feedback and committed to continuously improving.
- Personal qualities: passionate, relentless work ethic,
humility, positive in the face of incredible challenges, and
- Integrity, credibility, and passionate commitment to Open Sky
Education's mission of providing a full and lasting education,
accessible and affordable for all childrenForming Character
- Deep passion for urban, faith-based education and closing the
achievement gap.Resource Management
- Keen analytic, organization and complex problem-solving skills
which allows for strategic data interpretationCollaborative
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
and exceptionally responsive to customers and candidates;
experience in effectively building relationships and communicating
at all levelsServing Leader
- Exemplifies humility and servant leadership by continually
raising the bar for excellence and successfully serving as a
partner to team members and leaders.Start
- Bachelor's degree is required
- Willingness to attain WI Teacher Certification.
Keywords: Open Sky, Milwaukee , Elementary Teacher, Education / Teaching , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!