Before and After School (Y BASE) Instructor Part Time - Mukwonago
Company: YMCA of Greater Waukesha County
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Mukwonago YMCA - Mukwonago, WI
$13.00 - $14.00 Hourly
Under the direction of the Before and After School (Y BASE) Site
Supervisor and in accordance with Association policies, the Y BASE
Instructor is responsible for coordinating daily activities. The Y
BASE Instructor provides a safe and nurturing environment for
school-aged children to learn and play.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Help follow and implement developmentally appropriate lesson
plans and actively participate in the daily activities of a group
of children to engage students and monitor safety during all times
of the day.
- Develop positive relationships will the staff, families, and
children while providing motivational support and guidance, by
providing caring interactions and prompt service and maintaining
- Maintain participant records and other documentation in
accordance with department requirements.
- Ensure safety and cleanliness of learning spaces and
- Follow the YMCA of Greater Waukesha Countys emergency
procedures to ensure the safety of all children, including but not
limited to, communicating with supervisor regarding any emergency
concerns or situations.
- Uphold the core values of the YMCA when working with people
within the YMCA facilities and community.
- Follow all relevant regulations from the Department of Children
and Families, or other regulatory agencies.
- Attend all staff meetings and trainings as required.
- Other duties as necessary and as assigned by supervisor.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must meet all Child Care Licensing requirement including one of
the following: One course in early childhood education, for credit
or not for credit, (or complete that training within six months
after assuming the position); certificate from an assistant
childcare teacher training program approved by the Wisconsin
Department of Public Instruction; or otherwise qualified as an
Assistant Teacher through The Wisconsin Child Care Registry.
- Must be able willing to obtain CPR, First Aid, AED, Abusive
Head Trauma, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (if applicable) and
Wisconsin Child Care Registry certification.
- Prior experience in a licensed early learning program is
- Must have a sincere interest and ability to comprehend needs
and develop positive outcomes in children from diverse
- Strong oral and written communication skills are
- Must also be able to lift a minimum of 25 lbs and work indoors
and outdoors; must be able to assume postures in low levels to
allow physical and visual contact with children; see and hear well
enough to keep children safe; and engage in physical activity with
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
THE YMCA WELCOMES A DIVERSE WORKFORCE
The Y: We're for youth development, healthy living and social
Keywords: YMCA of Greater Waukesha County, Milwaukee , Before and After School (Y BASE) Instructor Part Time - Mukwonago, Education / Teaching , Mukwonago, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!