Senior Network Security Engineer
Company: Northwestern Mutual
Posted on: February 22, 2021
At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What's the role? The Northwestern Mutual Home Office is becoming a
leader in technology innovation with rapid customer solution
development becoming the norm. We are seeking experienced Security
Engineers with a broad background in all aspects of Security
Technologies including Network, cloud, mobile and application to
ensure the availability and accessibility of data is provided to
our customers, but equally meaningful, is protected for our
customers. This role will utilize your expertise and experience to
swiftly deliver enterprise impacting security solutions through
multifaceted and collaborative partnerships across IT.
- Lead analysis, design engineering and implementation of network
security solutions for new and existing environments
- Act as a technical advisor and domain specialist to
multi-functional teams and partners
- Maintain an outstanding knowledge of capabilities and
applicable vendor product offerings in the Network Security
- Understand technical issues and risks affecting the business
and be able to communicate them to management and other business
- Proven aptitude and ability to logically analyze and solve
complex issues collaboratively
- Ability to set priorities for scope, risk and quality of
technology solutions to meet business needs
- Communicating technical information in a consumable manner to
any organizational level
- Ability to independently identify and resolve critical and
issues through effective problem-solving skills
- Maintaining and strengthen relationships; ability to
effectively influence and inspire change with internal and external
- Proven skillset in management, decision making, and negotiation
- Strong organizational and follow-through skills with the
ability to work within expectations, prioritize work, and
multi-task; Agile/Scrum team experience a plus
- Demonstrable experience in handling ambiguity Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or
related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work
- Minimum 6 years' in Information Technology with demonstrated
Networking and Cyber Security experience in a business environment.
- Firewall design, implementation, maintenance of a stable
platform and support experience in NextGen Firewall
- VPN design and operational support
- CASB / SASE / Proxy configuration and operational support
- Solving production network security challenges, requiring
knowledge of BGP, TCP/IP and other common layer 2 / layer 3
- Ability to tackle issues throughout multiple security stack
- Current experience in securing Public Cloud environments is a
plus (AWS preferred).
- Experience in Integrating network security into CI/CD pipelines
- Strong Network and Security experience desired
- Certifications such as CCNA, CISSP, CCIE and SANS/AWS
certifications are a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, coach and mentor other staff
members #LIpost This job is not covered by the existing Collective
Bargaining Agreement. Required Certifications: Grow your career
with a best-in-class company that puts our client's interests at
the center of all we do. Get started now!-- We are an equal
opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a
protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posted 30+ Days Ago Full time JR-15829 About Us At Northwestern
Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives
and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company over 160
years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people
choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual. What started in
Milwaukee, WI has grown into 7,000+ home office professionals split
across 3 campuses: New York City, Franklin and downtown Milwaukee
(HQ) - each one bringing with it its own unique talent and culture.
In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the
most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern
Mutual as we are growing our digital and tech capabilities and are
always on the lookout for bright, tech-savvy candidates.
Northwestern Mutual is proud to be an equal opportunity and
affirmative action employer. We have chosen to build a diverse and
inclusive workplace where talented people from all backgrounds want
to be, want to stay, and want to build their future. We celebrate
and support our differences for the benefit of our employees, our
products, and our community. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation,
national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran,
or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Northwestern Mutual, Milwaukee , Senior Network Security Engineer, Engineering , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!