Project Engineer - Specialize CNC Machining
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Rexnord-- is a $2 billion multi-platform diversified global
industrial company with exceptional and trusted brands that serve a
diverse array of global end markets. Founded in 1891, Rexnord is
headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.A. and employs
approximately 7,000 associates worldwide. For more information
about the company visit .
The company is operated in a disciplined way with the Rexnord
Business System (RBS), a process-based framework for world-class
operating performance and continuous improvement. RBS enables
speed, scalability and consistency to drive superior customer
satisfaction and financial results. By deploying our RBS
methodology, Rexnord continues to solidify and grow long-standing,
globally competitive businesses, while systematically integrating
acquisitions and finding new ways to grow.
Doing the right thing has been part of our core values for more
than a century. So have volunteerism and philanthropy, and our
Rexnord Foundation formalized this commitment more than 60 years
ago. We make our communities better with individual and
organizational volunteering, matching gifts, grants, scholarships
and corporate donations.
Within Rexnord Power Transmission, we design, manufacture, market
and service specified, highly engineered mechanical components
worldwide used within complex systems where our customers'
reliability requirements and the cost of failure or downtime are
extremely high. We keep industry moving with products and services
that enhance the reliability of equipment supporting key
industries, including food, beverage & liquid, automotive, energy,
and mining. Our new digital productivity platform, DiRXN
(pronounced "Direction"), based on the integration of innovative
Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) and e-commerce technologies
with a leading portfolio of tools, products and services, connects
our customers to data and information that allows them to optimize
productivity across all stages of their lifecycles.
The Project Engineer specializes in optimization of our CNC
machining centers to support the growth of our business and promote
our visual factory. Utilize RBS/lean principles to problem solve
and drive to root cause. Collect and analyze data to generate
summary reports and identify trends in process performance and
suggest and implement solutions to problems.
- Perform root cause-corrective action analysis of production
issues and guide programmers and machinists in machining best
- Act as subject matter expert in CAD/CAM. Lead training and
support, post processor standardization and maintenance, and
tooling and work holding database administration.
- Technical resource for all facets of the facility operations.
Familiar with setup, operation, programming, tooling, and processes
for CNC machines.
- Research tools (cutting tools, tool-holding and work-holding
devices), methodologies and processes in a continuous effort to
improve capability, productivity and quality.
- Develop and maintain standard list of cutting tools to reduce
tooling SKU inventory and machine setup time
- Implement and improve job setup record practices for the
Machine Shop including setup sheets, program storage and DNC
- Conduct process improvement, problem resolution, project
management and associate training. Develop and implement Machine
Shop production procedures.
- Develop, evaluate, and improve manufacturing operations, to
include but not limited to fixturing, tooling, process, and
- Develop new processes and implement new equipment. Perform new
equipment qualification and validation.
- Conduct effective "pre-reviews" of jobs released to the floor
and effective "post-reviews" of jobs after completion. Manage this
process to assure continuous improvement takes place for cost
reductions and quality improvements as jobs are run through the
- Identify and solve related manufacturing problems. Respond in a
timely manner to manufacturing problems and operate with a sense of
urgency when required.
- Analyze and plan workforce space requirements, workflow,
ergonomics, and design layout of equipment and workspace for
- Consult with planning, quality, purchasing, assembly and design
staff concerning product design quality planning, and fixturing to
ensure efficient production methods.
- Estimate production times and related costs to provide
information for management decisions.
- Perform time studies for standard work instructions and
manufacturing line balancing.
- Apply statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing
requirements and potential.
- Develop, evaluate, improve set up methods and reduce set up
- Work to reduce all aspects of manufacturing costs and
- B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering,
- Minimum 1 year of experience with CNC Machining
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple parallel projects and
- Good communication skills
- Strong computer skills, i.e. Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge in Solidworks preferable
- Knowledge and Utilization of FeatureCam and/or Partmaker
- Experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Lean manufacturing/continuous improvement experience is
Total Rewards and Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, AD&D, and Life
- Matching 401(k) Contribution
- Health Savings Account
- Educational Reimbursement
- Matching Gift Program
Equal Opportunity Employer -
Keywords: Rexnord, Milwaukee , Project Engineer - Specialize CNC Machining, Engineering , Cudahy, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!