Senior Application Engineer
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Position Summary:The Application Engineer utilizes customer
application expertise to provide technical solutions in advance of
customer requests and develops strong customer relationships. In
this role, the person will:Major Responsibilities:
- Designs the most complex products utilizing available
technologies, tools and materials to meet or exceed customer
applications requirements with a thorough understanding and
practical application of advanced design tools and methods for
application of products.
- Interacts with sales team and sophisticated customers on highly
complex applications to translate customer requirements to product
- Supports complex sales and marketing team quotes and technical
inquiries, and frequently travels with business leaders to major
- Conducts complex root cause analysis and identification.
Approves corrective action authorization (8D analysis) and has
customer communication leadership.
- Supports and approves the most complex product changes and
provides technical product analysis to the plant for specific
projects or customers.
- Support the development and tracking of Key Performance
Indicators (KPI) for Application Engineering support.
Required Education / Experience / Skills:The ideal candidate will
have a solid background in understanding customer applications and
applying electrical motors to fulfill the application needs. A
strong work ethic with proactive communication skills that
encourages courageous conversations are a must.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal with a
high degree of attention to detail
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, work effectively under
pressure and prioritize workload
- Analytical problem solving, customer/partner relationships,
product & technology expertise and strategic insight
- Ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions
- Working in fast-paced, collaborative work environment with a
bias towards increasing speed to market
- Working in a cross-functional and geographically dispersed team
- Using of Word, Excel, Visio, MS Project and PowerPoint
- Bachelors Mechanical, Electrical or a relevant Engineering
field is required.
- 7+ years of experience in applying Electrical Motors (AC & DC)
in varied General Industry Applications such as fans, pumps,
conveyors, doors, conveyors, grinders, etc. in HVAC, Agriculture,
Water & Waste Water, Laundry, Commercial Appliances etc.
- A solid background with experience in one of the aforementioned
areas of application is required.
- Customer training ability
- A non-intimidating ability to educate customers on technical
products and processes and resolve application issues.
- Self-directed work ethic. A positive, can-do, whatever-it-takes
- A broader engineering skill set and hands-on approach,
including basic electrical component knowledge.
- Ability to: read and understand a schematic, troubleshoot
motors, electronic circuits and components.
- Strong mechanical aptitude to modify existing designs to fit
- Strong problem solver, team player.
- Design for Lean Six Sigma certified.
- Knowledge and experience designing PMAC motors.
- Knowledge and experience of electronics and drives.
- Experience with the application and testing of fractional HP
through small integral induction, and/or permanent magnet motors,
and/or electronics. Language: English
Keywords: PrincetonOne, Milwaukee , Senior Application Engineer, Engineering , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!