Company: Galland Henning Nopak Inc.
Posted on: January 16, 2022
JOB PURPOSE:The Mechanical Engineer supports product engineering
department goals through developing product designs and, provide
guidance to designers and drafters in preparing engineering general
assembly drawings, manufacturing detail drawings and documentation.
Responsible for interacting with current and potential customers to
develop new product designs and to assist in preparing customer
price quotes. Provides manufacturing and customer support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:Description of Tasks and
- Work with Chief Engineer, other Mechanical Engineers, drafters,
and Manufacturing Engineer, to develop conceptual designs for
hydraulic & pneumatic cylinders, pneumatic valves, balers, and
baler components, and subsequently generate necessary documents
(manufacturing drawings, Bills of material, operation manuals,
- Works with the customers and the Chief Engineer in the receipt
of custom product design requests, provide necessary design details
to help with quoting, and identification of the most efficient
engineering design, development and manufacturing processes.
- Develops and analyzes product designs on a timely basis and
provides guidance to designers or drafters in preparing engineering
general assembly drawings and manufacturing detail drawings and
documentation to ensure the customer needs and product engineering
requirements are met.
- Develops product designs from specifications provided by the
Chief Engineer, Sales department personnel and/or the
- Works closely with the Chief Engineer and others in the GHN
management team in developing an efficient design, manufacturing
process, testing and scheduling of product and component custom
orders to ensure timely production and shipment of the product to
- Responsible for generating and releasing the Bills of Material
to other departments.
- Discuss the manufacturing process for product and component
development with the engineering team members to ensure clear
direction and understanding of the desired result and to facilitate
the quoting process. Perform initial and ongoing design
- Based on direction provided by the Chief Engineer and the Vice
President of Sales and Marketing, periodically visit customers to
assist in the product design process and to provide support to the
GHNs sales and marketing efforts.
- Work closely with the Purchasing Department in identifying the
right materials at the best possible price - to meet customer
requirements & buy appropriate materials.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops; reviewing professional publications;
establishing personal networks; participating in professional
societies. Description of other duties that may be assigned:
- Provide design and engineering support and backup for other
Engineers and designers. Review drawings from other team members
- Remain current on fluid power industry trends, new product
design ideas, and activities of the competitors.
- Actively seek professional development activities to enhance
product design skills.
- Perform occasional general shop duties including, but not
limited to, assembling the products, measuring dimensions, using
gauges. Must help with assembly, testing and on-site commissioning
- Must adhere to safety standards
- Additionally, visit the field sites where GHN products are used
and provide support as required by the organization. This may
require traveling with service personnel to assist with
- Occasionally, must be able to accompany the sales team members
to provide technical support when visiting a customers facility.
Traveling overseas may be required from time to time.
- Perform light housekeeping duties (5S) duties as prescribed by
management, and all other tasks as required by management.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform
the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Must have the ability of use scientific and mathematical
principles to develop technical solutions for cylinders, valves and
balers. Must be able to carry out written, verbal and diagrammatic
instructions; apply logical/scientific thinking; perform basic and
advanced arithmetic and engineering calculations; use a variety of
engineering tools and techniques.
- Knowledge/Familiarity of CAD software packages such as Solid
Works and Auto Cad
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and necessary safety
precautions required in manufacturing setting.
- Effective computer skills, including MS Office.
- General understanding of structural Welding
- Requires the ability to use a personal computer and word
processing, spreadsheet, and production software.
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills to
effectively communicate with employees and management.
- Rudimentary understanding of conventional machining practices
and machine shop theory.
- Investigative and analytical abilities.
- Mechanical Assembly exposure a plus
- Accountable for achieving document release goals and
- Leadership and decision-making abilities.
- Should have a demonstrated ability to function successfully in
a fast-paced, changing work environment
- Familiarity with ISO or other Quality Standards. PHYSICAL AND
MENTAL DEMANDS:While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is frequently required to sit, talk and/or hear, and/or
use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls.
The employee is required to stand, and/or walk. The employee must
occasionally lift and/or 10-50 pounds while moving product or small
packages. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision and the ability to adjust focus. The mental and
physical requirements described here are representative of those
that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the
essential functions of this position. Protective Clothing Required:
Safety glasses, steel-toe shoes WORKING ENVIRONMENT:Work is
performed in an office located close to a machine shop. The noise
level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. The
employee is frequently exposed to vibration. A typical work week
consists of 40+ hours and work pace may be somewhat hectic at
times, needing to stretch work hours. The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
individual encounters while performing the essential functions of
this position.by Jobble
Keywords: Galland Henning Nopak Inc., Milwaukee , Mechanical Engineer, Engineering , Franklin, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!