Senior AEM Engineer
Posted on: January 16, 2022
At Perficient youll deliver mission-critical technology and
business solutions to Fortune 500 companies and some of the most
recognized brands on the planet. And youll do it with cutting-edge
technologies, thanks to our close partnerships with the worlds
biggest vendors. Our network of offices across North America, as
well as locations in India and China, will give you the opportunity
to spread your wings, too.
Were proud to be publicly recognized as a Top Workplace year after
year. This is due, in no small part, to our entrepreneurial
attitude and collaborative spirit that sets us apart and keeps our
colleagues impassioned, driven, and fulfilled.
Perficient currently has a career opportunity for a Senior
Technical Consultant in our Columbus, OH office.
As a Senior AEM Engineer you will participate in all aspects of the
software development lifecycle which includes estimating, technical
design, implementation, documentation, testing, deployment and
support of application developed for our clients. As a member
working in a team environment you will take direction from solution
architects and Leads on development activities.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development techniques and
fluency in software languages and application programming
- Demonstrates general understanding of hardware/software
platforms including but not limited to operating systems,
databases, application servers, web servers and integration
- Plans and executes system implementations that ensure success
and minimize risk of system outages or other negative production
- Demonstrates conceptual knowledge of architecture standards and
database and operating systems.
- Demonstrates problem solving ability that allows for effective
and timely resolution of system issues including but not limited to
- Analyzes production system operations using tools such as
monitoring, capacity analysis and outage root cause analysis to
identify and drive change that ensures continuous improvement in
system stability and performance.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development, life cycle,
modeling of business processes, application design patterns,
business/functional documents. Estimates to high level business
requirements and provide options analysis.
- Applies advanced knowledge and understanding of concepts,
principles, and technical capabilities to manage a wide variety of
- Good Java/J2EE background and knowledge of Spring, Hibernate
and Struts frameworks.
- Experience with Junit and other testing frameworks in AEM
- Experience in Java Content Repository (API) suite, Sling web
framework and Apache Felix OSGi framework, DAM, Workflows.
- Familiarity with front-end technologies, HTML, CSS, angular and
- Experience with AEM building blocks including templates,
components, dialogs, widgets and bundles.
- Experience with data migration in AEM
- Experience with Adobe target and AEM-Target integration.
- Experience with Adobe Analytics/Adobe Launch.
- Familiar with Multi Site Manager (MSM), Language Copy,
- Experience with communicating to different internal servers,
databases from AEM, using both front end (ajax, cookies) and back
end technologies (servlet, osgi service, Sling)
- We expect you to have good communication, analytical and
presentation skills, problem solving skills and learning
- You should have experience working in an Agile development
- Ability to work in a team in diverse/ multiple stakeholder
environment is a must.
- Use Agile framework for delivery.
- Receives guidance on overall project objectives
- Acts as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to
achieve specific goals
- Recommends new practices, processes, metrics, or models
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to
achieve specific goal
- Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent work
experience and 10+ years' experience in IT Development
- 4+ years' experience with AEM
- Working knowledge of three or more technologies preferred
- Master engineer, technologist, and coach with a desire to
develop products that positively impact lives.
- Leader, self-starter, and love to solve problems through
- Strong troubleshooting instincts and ability to learn new
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, a good work
- Aptitude to contribute to strategic goal setting for
- Ability to lead team toward operational objectives
Perficient full-time employees receive complete and competitive
benefits. We offer a collaborative work environment, competitive
compensation, generous work/life opportunities and an outstanding
benefits package that includes paid time off plus holidays. In
addition, all colleagues are eligible for a number of rewards and
recognition programs including billable bonus opportunities.
Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and providing our
colleagues great benefits are just part of what makes Perficient a
great place to work.
This is a full-time position with Perficient. This position is only
available to those interested in salaried staff employment
opportunities. At Perficient, we offer a full competitive base
salary a full benefits package including medical, dental and
vision, a 401(k) with matching contributions, 3 weeks of paid time
off, and 10 paid holidays per year.
Who We Are
Perficient is a leading global digital consultancy. We imagine,
create, engineer, and run digital transformation solutions that
help our clients exceed customers expectations, outpace
competition, and grow their business. With unparalleled strategy,
creative, and technology capabilities, our colleagues bring big
thinking and innovative ideas, along with a practical approach to
help our clients the worlds largest enterprises and biggest brands
What We Believe
At Perficient, we promise to challenge, champion, and celebrate our
people. You will experience a unique and collaborative culture that
values every voice. Join our team, and youll become part of
something truly special.
We believe in developing a workforce that is as diverse and
inclusive as the clients we work with. Were committed to actively
listening, learning, and acting to further advance our
organization, our communities, and our future leaders and were not
Perficient, Inc. proudly provides equal employment opportunities
(EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national
origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status,
amnesty, or status as a protected veteran in accordance with
applicable federal, state and local laws. Perficient, Inc. complies
with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination
in employment in every location in which the company has
facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of
employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of
absence, compensation, and training. Perficient, Inc. expressly
prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race,
color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age,
genetic information, disability, or covered veterans. Improper
interference with the ability of Perficient, Inc. employees to
perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Perficient is committed to providing a barrier-free employment
process with reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals
with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application
procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a
disability, please contact us.
Select work authorization questions to ask when applicants
- Are you legally authorized to work in the United States?
- Will you now, or in the future, require sponsorship for
employment visa status (e.g. H-1B visa status)?
Keywords: Perficient, Milwaukee , Senior AEM Engineer, Engineering , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!