College Intern - Summer 2022 (Full Time-Quality Engineer-New Berlin)
Location: New Berlin
Posted on: January 16, 2022
College Intern - Summer 2022 (Full Time-Quality Engineer-New
Berlin)Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is
energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a
more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal
of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender,
LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are
embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually
and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual
ABB Drive Products is a technology leader serving industries,
infrastructure and machine builders with world-class drives and
soft starters. With our products, global scale and local presence,
we help our customers to improve energy efficiency, productivity
and safety. Our people and culture are the foundation of our
success. We all together make the difference for our customers
every day. The role reports to the Quality Manager and is located
in New Berlin, Wisconsin.Your responsibilities
- Creation and modification of assembly work instructions for the
Low Voltage (LV) Operations group in accordance with applicable
policies, procedures and work instructions.
- Requires basic knowledge of all production/assembly
- Comprehends documentation by observing processes; interviewing
engineers and designers, studying blueprints, sketches, drawings,
specifications, parts lists, mock-ups, samples, etc.
- Ensures order, clarity, consistency, style and terminology are
in accordance with set standards.
- Determines the use of graphics, visual aids, tables and
photographs to support written text.
- Verifies the accuracy of the documentation by testing
descriptions and instructions.
- Obtains approval of interpretation by submitting draft for
- Interfaces with interdepartmental personnel and all groups in
the company that request controlled documentation.
- Checks/Reviews documents for quality and accuracy.
- Provides accurate distribution of documentation to users in
accordance with applicable procedures, distribution lists, and
- Participate actively in team meetings and group
- Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and
regulations, and departmental housekeeping standards.
- Support other Quality Projects as needed.Your background
- Enrolled in College Degreed program in related field.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, Project, SAP preferred, but not
- Preferred prior experience in an internship, co-op, or grant
based project with light mechanical and electrical assembly and
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, energetic and
comfortable with self-directing assigned activities, confidence to
make recommendations, able to gather and analyze data under direct
supervision, uses sound judgement, takes strong initiative to
complete projects, works well both independently and in team
environment.More about usWe look forward to receiving your
application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another
look at our website www.abb.com. ABB in the United States requires
employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or in specific
and limited circumstances, be approved for a sincerely held
religious belief or a medical/disability accommodation. Equal
Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB ABB is an
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer
encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to their
race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin,
citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity,
disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or
protected veterans status. For more information regarding your
(EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer,
applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a
particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M.
EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at
1-888-694-7762. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a
disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable
or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a
result of your disability. You may request reasonable
accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at
1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes
and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Keywords: ABB, Milwaukee , College Intern - Summer 2022 (Full Time-Quality Engineer-New Berlin), Engineering , New Berlin, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!