Technician Apprentice Program
Company: Waste Management
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading
provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North
America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating
excellence, professionalism and financial strength. - WM serves
nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial
and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of
collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling
facilities and waste-based energy production projects. Have you
graduated from a trade school and are now ready to put your
experiences to work? Do you have diesel mechanic knowledge at a
junior level and are ready to join a professional fleet where you
can learn and grow? If so, Waste Management may have an opportunity
for you as a Diesel Mechanic Assistant in our Mechanic Apprentice
Program (TAP). The Mechanic Apprentice Program (TAP) is a Waste
Management initiative designed to take junior level mechanics and
develop them as professional mechanics for a fleet maintenance
career track within Waste Management. Besides part time and
full-time employment opportunities and a training program, the
candidate may receive tools as a part of the program. The ideal
candidate is someone with a trade school background or junior level
maintenance background. Join our Waste Management team, the
industry leader since 1971. With over 41,000 proud employees, Waste
Management has the largest trucking fleet in the waste industry -
over 18,000 trucks, and leads in CNG advancement with the largest
fleet of class 8 Natural Gas Vehicles in North America. We offer
opportunities in 48 states, the District of Columbia, and Canada.
I. - Job Summary Works under direct supervision and follows
established procedures to accomplish assigned tasks. - Performs
minor repairs and limited preventive maintenance (PM) on assigned
equipment. - II. - Essential Duties and Responsibilities To perform
this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. - Other minor duties may be
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety
- Performs minor repairs and assigned preventive maintenance
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance
software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting
parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Assists in the repair and adjustment of equipment.
- Washes vehicles and equipment.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles.
- Assists senior mechanics in the completion of project
- Assists with service calls for breakdowns.
- Performs other maintenance related work as required.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate
/ OSHA Standards. III. - Supervisory Responsibilities
- This job has no supervisory duties. IV. - Qualifications The
requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications
necessary to perform the job. A. - Education and Experience
- Education: Not required
- Experience: No previous experience required. B. - Certificates,
Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Valid driver's license and must have a clean driving
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with
or without reasonable accommodations.
- Successfully complete and ass pre-employment drug screen and
physical. - C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- None required. V. - Work Environment Listed below are key
points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: repair/maintenance shop. Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive
total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
Insurance and Short Term Disability. - As well as a Stock Purchase
Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! - Our employees also receive
Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. - Please note that
benefits may vary by site. If this sounds like the opportunity that
you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
Keywords: Waste Management, Milwaukee , Technician Apprentice Program, Engineering , Hartland, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!