Quality Engineer III
Company: Charter Manufacturing
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Charter Manufacturing is a fourth-generation family-owned
business where our will to grow drives us to do it better. Join the
team and become part of our family!Charter Automotive is hiring an
experienced Quality Engineer III. This exciting role will support
the philosophy of zero defects and Continuous Improvement by
participating in Advance Quality Planning (APQP), Continuous
Improvement initiatives, and other actions. Lead or participate in
problem solving teams. Complete corrective and preventative
actions. Participate in other quality-related projects.MINIMUM
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, related degree, or equivalent
- Five plus years' experience as a Quality Engineer.
- Supervisory experience of technicians.
- Tier 1 Automotive experience.
- Experience in leading problem-solving efforts with demonstrated
ability to apply team problem-solving techniques.
- Quality Engineer or Six Sigma Black/Green Belt.
- IATF-16949 understanding and participation.
- Working knowledge of drawing and test specification standards
(Geometric Dimensioning - Tolerance, etc.).
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use a variety of gauges.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to travel 20% of the time (domestic and
- ASQ Certified.
- Experience in APQP process and PPAP submissions.
- Strong interpersonal and team-leading skills.
- Conceive, plan, organize and coordinate all phases of assigned
special projects to improve efficiencies, simplify workflow and
- Apply statistical methods such as MSA, design of experiments
and statistical process control to quality related issues.
- Strong Core Tools and Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Comprehensive knowledge of advanced quality assurance
- The ability to manage projects and work in a team project
environment is required.
- Ability to influence thru communication skill, data analysis &
- Experience with direct customer/supplier contact in a quality
- Related industry experience.MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Facilitate/lead corrective and preventive action teams
resulting from customer concerns, internal/supplier quality
problems, or Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Direct customer/supplier communication and interface through
- Lead Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) process and
- Ensure successful launch of new products and processes, process
capability and control to meet customer requirements.
- Participate or lead cross-functional product trial review team
to ensure products and processes meet applicable quality and
- Create, review, and verify all quality supporting
documentation, including Work Instructions, FMEA's and Control
- Develop and implement gauging, standards and methods for
inspection, testing, and evaluation.
- Work with related departments to design and develop new gauging
processes or equipment.
- Perform production readiness evaluations, and report/identify
- Lead Continuous Improvement projects supporting safety,
quality, and productivity initiatives.
- Provide technical assistance to other departments or customers
- Develop and maintain control of the quality management system,
related communication, training, and documentation.
- Direct part analysis for internal and external requests.
- Perform internal and supplier audits and Maintain auditing
- Train employees in auditing related methods or procedures as
- Promote an environment of open communication and teamwork
- Follow Environmental, Quality and Safety Management System
procedures and requirements.
- Ability to meet the essential job requirements, with or without
reasonable accommodation, as outlined in the job
- Reports to: Quality Manager
- Primary internal customers: Production, EngineeringPOSITION
- Working with frequently changing and varied customer systems
and documentation requirements.
- Communicating concerns to the business regarding quality
- Advising others to follow established procedures and guidelines
without direct authority.
- Achieving customer satisfaction, for both external and internal
customers, when priorities and lead times are established by
- Instilling ownership of process throughout the business.
Keywords: Charter Manufacturing, Milwaukee , Quality Engineer III, Engineering , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!