Engineering Technician V - Reliability Quality
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Engineering Technician V - Reliability QualityWork Mode:
-OnsiteLocation: - -Kohler, WIOpportunityInspect generators
receivedthrough the sales return process and repair as necessary.
-Perform a variety of tests on customerreturned generator sets,
engines, and electrical components to determine rootcause of
failure. Observe and record results of tests. Recommend
design/processchanges as needed. Conduct all assignments - observe,
analyze, interpret, anddocument results.
- Perform complex troubleshooting to achieve root cause analysis
and problem resolution for test systems / product.
- Provide clear concise test and/or activity summaries with data
in detailed format.
- Multi-task and handle daily workload with minimal
- Recognize inconsistencies in data and apply practical
problem-solving techniques in order to correct them.
- Use speaking and writing skills to effectively convey
information, express opinions, and motivate others to act.
- Communicate effectively in front of higher-level
- Make product improvement recommendations based on test result
observations, troubleshooting, root cause analysis, comparison to
other generator families, and competitive product
- Provide technical leadership; primary advisor for questions /
concerns involving test techniques, test equipment and test
results. Will share technical knowledge and train others.
- Establish and maintain partnership with teammates, customers,
- Maintain work area and equipment. Perform routine maintenance
and repair on work area equipment.
- Provide feedback on workload with supervisor to set work
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Two-year technology related associate degree and/or ten years
of Industry related work experience.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Candidate must possess excellent trouble shooting
- Assist in the implementation of Data Acquisition and load
control systems for the Reliability Lab.
- Previous experience using multi-meters and basic gages such as
calipers, micrometers, etc.
- Engine trouble shooting skills required.
- Useable knowledge of AC/DC circuits preferred.
- Drives continuous improvement related to the Labs, test
processes, methods, and systems.
- Develop necessary timelines, schedules and plans to support
workflow and efficiency.
- Ability to speak and write effectively to convey information,
express opinions, and motivate others to act.
- A relatable knowledge of engine theory and AC/DC circuits
required, must have a solid understanding of electrical systems,
generators, and engines.
- Computer literacy: MS Office experience required.
- Six Sigma Greenbelt preferred.
- SAP knowledge and experience preferred.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. minimum.
- Must be able to operate a forklift
- Prolonged standing is required.
- Must be able to bend, kneel and squat continuously for long
periods of time.
Tofully demonstrate our commitment to the health, safety, and
wellbeing of ourassociates, we are requiring all U.S. based team
members to be fully vaccinatedagainst COVID-19 as a condition of
employment. -We believe this pathforward further strengthens our
workforce and the future growth and resilienceof our company and
community. - Individuals with medical conditions orsincerely held
religious beliefs that prevent them from getting the vaccine
mayrequest an exemption from the vaccine requirement.Why Work at
Kohler Co.?Kohler Co.'s mission is to contribute to a higher level
of gracious living for those who are touched by our products and
services. We understand that it takes investment in our associates'
development to make that happen. - So, we offer ongoing investment
in each individual's personal development and the opportunity to
collaborate with others across functions and roles at Kohler. -In
addition to the investment in your development, Kohler offers a
benefits package including a competitive salary, health, vision,
dental, 401(k) with company matching, and more! About UsBeyond the
competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich
history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates
and communities. - We invite you to learn more about our culture
and company at . It is Kohler's policy to recruit, hire, and
promote qualified personnel in all job classifications without
regard to race, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin,
disability or status as a protected veteran. - If, as an individual
with a disability, you need reasonable accommodation during the
recruitment process, please contact . - Kohler Co. is an equal
opportunity/affirmative action employer. -We invite you to learn
more about equal employment opportunity by reviewing the Federal
and the .
Keywords: KOHLER, Milwaukee , Engineering Technician V - Reliability Quality, Engineering , Kohler, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!