Company: Nabco Entrances Inc
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Current job opportunities are posted here as they become
available. Subscribe to our RSS feeds to receive instant updates as
new positions become available. Plans, organizes, and directs the
Engineering function to meet company objectives for new product
development, maintaining design functionality, and improvement of
existing product lines, while maintaining close contact with
commercial needs, as well as strict confidentiality with IP and in
managing department personnel. Essential Functions
- Maintain Engineering schedule, including birthing new projects,
maintaining existing products with new or improved innovations
(R&D), and providing support for ongoing manufacturing and
quality issues and initiatives.
- Oversee key projects, processes, and performance report data
and analysis. Plan and document activities and project milestones
- Select, develop, train, and manage staff in consideration of
Company policies and expectations.
- Develop, determine and implement policies, procedures, and
programs related to engineering functions and protection of
Intellectual Property (IP).
- Select design concepts and fundamental technology used for new
products or the improvement of existing ones.
- Review and analyze proposals submitted to determine benefits
derived and possible applications to justify expenditures.
- Conduct research and testing with internal and external
resources to support existing products as well as new concepts and
- Collaborate with Manufacturing, Operations, and Quality
Managers. Review and monitor quality and process improvements and
new product development.
- Direct the review of production costs and product quality;
participate in inventory control programs and activities to
maintain and enhance profitable operation of division.
- Liaise with sales leadership to ascertain engineering
requirements, troubleshoot field issues and to develop new products
to satisfy demand.
- Negotiate contracts with consulting firms to perform research,
testing or other applicable studies, support, or certifications as
- Provide support for Manufacturing and Quality functions within
the organization. Supervisory Responsibilities Manage, mentor, and
direct Product and Manufacturing Engineers, technicians, and
administrative staff. Provide overall direction, coordination, and
evaluation of staff. Manage team in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws, to include safety;
interviewing, hiring, training, rewarding, and disciplining
employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; addressing
complaints, and resolving problems. Qualifications Knowledge,
- High level of professional communication (written and verbal)
skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail required.
- Strategic thinking and ability to put strategies into
- Critical thinking and problem-solving abilities are required to
resolve complex processes and systems issues.
- Must be energetic, collaborative, and challenged by
opportunities to develop policies, standards and processes.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical
instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with abstract
and concrete variables.
- Must be able to manage time and guide others to obtain results,
set goals, and build relationships.
- Must work well as a high-level contributor, working both
independently and as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Must be able to work well under pressure and in adherence to
tight deadlines. Education, Training, Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or other related engineering
required, Master's degree or equivalent preferred.
- 4-10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience. Experience in leading an
engineering team in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience working for an international company preferred,
particularly within a network or with multiple locations
- High level of proficiency with computers, the internet, and
other standard engineering and design technology applications and
tools. Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Work is mostly performed in an office, with little to no exposure
to weather conditions. May be noisy at times due to proximity to
factory. Some lab or manufacturing work is required. Work
environment is dynamic and may include some travel, some customer
and supplier visitation, and external conferencing. There may be
dusty or dirty environments; facilities may include safety hazards
or motorized equipment. Must drive, walk, and work in all weather
conditions, including hazardous environments on rare occasion. Must
be willing and able-both physically and legally--to travel
domestically if needed. Typical office equipment such as a
computer, laptop, and cell phone are used. Reaching above shoulder
height and below the waist. Lifting as required to file documents
or store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting
Keywords: Nabco Entrances Inc, Milwaukee , Engineering Manager, Engineering , Muskego, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!