Company: Yamato Corporation
Posted on: January 28, 2023
Yamato is a global manufacturer of weighing equipment used in the
food packaging industry. Yamato has been a successful world leader
in weighing for over 100 years. Yamato Corporation, headquartered
in Grafton, Wisconsin, supports the sales and service needs of
Yamato scales in North, Central, and South America. Yamato
Corporation is a subsidiary of Yamato Scale Co., Ltd., located in
Learn more at YamatoAmericas.com
APPLICATIONS ENGINEER JOB FUNCTION :
Generates engineering proposals and performance guarantees based on
a given criteria. Manages new machine stocking levels and assigns
units to various uses. Coordinates demonstrations and is a subject
matter expert for the product line. Is a resource for sales,
service, training, purchasing, and engineering. Maintains machine
and option pricing.
APPLICATIONS ENGINEER ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
1. Based on requests for quotes (RFQ), generates engineering
proposals and performance guarantees based on desired target
weight, speeds, and product characteristics.
2. Evaluates and documents customer samples to assure equipment to
be quoted is capable of achieving performance guarantees. Tests
product samples for internal purposes in our demonstration
3. Corresponds with Yamato Japan to confirm proposals have correct
pricing for machinery and parts. Maintains equipment and option
pricing within the ERP system. Compares actual costs with
4. Specifies equipment to be purchased based on customer orders or
for units being ordered for stock or demo purposes.
5. Assigns customer, demo, and show equipment based on required
specifications and delivery schedules. Monitors age of stock /demo
units to minimize obsolete inventory while meeting stakeholder's
6. Maintains stock inventory levels and documents history of
7. Coordinate, set-up, run, and document customer/OEM
demonstrations in our demonstration area.
8. Works with design group to modify equipment design as
appropriate to mitigate problems or optimize performance.
9. Travels to customer locations as required to evaluate operation
or remedy performance issues. Estimate 10-20% domestic overnight
10. Assists OEM's with interfacing as well as optimizing the
performance of the packaging machine and scale system.
11. Support Yamato sales and service depts regarding the technical
aspects of new product introductions or application specific
12. Provide raw information to training department to facilitate
the generation of training materials.
13. Other duties as required.
APPLICATIONS ENGINEER QUALIFICATIONS :
1. Associates degree in electrical engineering technology or
2. 3-5 years packaging industry experience
3. Excellent communications and organizational skills.
4. Excellent analytical skills, can do attitude, and has a hands-on
approach to accomplishing tasks.
5. General computer skills including Microsoft Office products. ERP
experience is a plus.
6. Valid driver's license and insurable.
7. Requires passport to travel outside of the United States.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS : While performing duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The
employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or
feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and
reach with hands and arms and lift up to 50 pounds. Climb ladder,
height tolerance (not afraid of heights). Drive company forklift
truck when required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. Must be able to operate motor vehicle.
DISCLAIMER : The above is only a summary of the typical functions
of this job. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of this job
may differ from those outlined in the description and that other
duties, as assigned, might be part of this position.
Eligibility on first day of employment for company-paid benefits
such as health, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and
long-term disability subject to plan terms.**Yamato currently pays
for 100% of the health, dental and vision premiums!!!
Eligibility for 401(k) plan on 1st day of month following 30 days
of service with a company match of 4% on employee deferral of 5% or
more. Additionally, you are fully vested in the employer match on
Day1 if enrolled in the plan!
18 paid time off (PTO) days accrued by calendar year.
Ten (10) Company-paid holidays per calendar year
Learn more at YamatoAmericas.com/Careers
Keywords: Yamato Corporation, Milwaukee , Applications Engineer, Engineering , Grafton, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!