Posted on: May 27, 2023
Genesis10 is currently seeking a Data Engineer for a contract
lasting through May 2024 working REMOTELY with an insurance company
in Milwaukee, WI. Compensation is $40-45 per hour. Summary: Data is
a critical driver of this approach, and a cornerstone for how NM
engages with its customers. We are seeking a Data Quality
Specialist to drive improvements in our client data domain. This
role will be accountable for identifying and partnering to
implement data quality controls, processes, and metrics through
partnership with the Data Governance organization. We are a team of
4 data engineers who provide data for analytics team in the
technology space to drive business insights. Responsibilities:
- Become an authority on the client data domain understanding
where data is built, where it flows in the organization, how it is
used, and where improvements need to be made.
- Ensure quality of client data domain in key systems, both
authoring and enterprise integration points, through the
development and documentation of processes, controls, metrics, and
- Assist in data management, governance, and data quality of
client data with multiple partners including the Data Governance
organization, data asset owners, business owners, and others to
ensure client data integrity across the systems that build and use
- Analyze reported issues independently and/ or collaboratively
with data/asset owners to resolve root cause and plan to solve
disposition issues in a timely manner established by management
- For issues requiring other teams' attention, identify and
assign to the appropriate teams.
- Supervise, monitor and report the status and progress of issue
resolution, to make sure they are resolved in a timely manner
established by management team.
- For chronic and detailed data quality issues, contribute to
long-term solutions and continuous improvement.
- Build and send communications to partners related to data
issues, application releases, and other major announcements.
- Aid in resolving data quality problems through error detection
and correction, process control and improvement, or process design
strategies collaborating with domain specialists (SMEs), asset
owners, and data stewards.
- Analyze & interpret data or information (e.g., clinical,
operational, Quality) to ensure they meet standards, are compliant
and are accurate/ complete related to technical specs.Required
- Passion and experience working in the data space.
- SQL and Python knowledge.
- Experience working with relational databases including writing
queries, understanding data models, and able to profile the data to
gain understanding of the data & its quality.
- Good communication skills to summarize information, issues, and
recommendations with customers, team members, external data
providers, and leadership.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good personal computer and business solutions software
- Bachelor's degree in Information Science, Data Management,
Computer Science or related field.
- AWS and ETL background.
- Experience working with a Data Quality software packages.
- Experience working with Data Catalog and Discovery software
packages.Ranked a Top Staffing Firm in the U.S. by Staffing
Industry Analysts for six consecutive years, Genesis10 puts
thousands of consultants and employees to work across the United
States every year in contract, contract-for-hire, and permanent
placement roles. With more than 300 active clients, Genesis10
provides access to many of the Fortune 100 firms and a variety of
mid-market organizations across the full spectrum of industry
verticals. Benefits of Working with Genesis10:
- Access to hundreds of clients, most who have been working with
Genesis10 for 5-20+ years.
- The opportunity to have a career-home in Genesis10; many of our
consultants have been working exclusively with Genesis10 for
- Access to an experienced, caring recruiting team (more than 7
years of experience, on average.)
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Health Savings Account
- Voluntary Hospital Indemnity (Critical Illness & Accident)
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
- Sick Pay (for applicable states/municipalities)
- Commuter Benefits (Dallas, NYC, SF)
- Remote opportunities availableFor multiple years running,
Genesis10 has been recognized as a Top Staffing Firm in the U.S.,
as a Best Company for Work-Life Balance, as a Best Company for
Career Growth, for Diversity, and for Leadership, amongst others.
To learn more and to view all our available career opportunities,
please visit us at our website. Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. Candidates will receive consideration without regard to
their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected
Keywords: Genesis10, Milwaukee , Data Engineer, Engineering , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...