Diesel Mechanics - Free ASE Certification
Company: Student Transportation of America
Posted on: February 15, 2019
Diesel mechanic - $2000 sign on bonus!
With general direction from the Fleet Maintenance Supervisor, provides a wide range of technical services on company buses, vans, and automobiles. This is a journeyman position that requires significant technical training and /or experience. Also works under the direction of the Terminal Manager.
- Performs thorough, accurate Preventative Maintenance inspections.
- Following schedules completes all required PM maintenance operations including lubrication, fluid changes, brake adjustments, and tire rotation.
- With direction from the Fleet Maintenance Supervisor, performs unscheduled maintenance as needed.
- Performs complex operations including engine, electrical, fuel, brake, and exhaust repairs and field tests. This requires interpreting and working from drawings, specifications and other technical materials.
- Must be able to utilize a ladder and other elevation equipment to access the roof of buses and elevated light fixtures for repairs and maintenance.
- Must operate CDL and Non-CDL vehicles (buses and van) to perform road tests, as well as shuttle in an out of the garage for repairs and maintenance.
- May, on occasion, be required to drive.
- Must be able to lift heavy equipment (up to 100lbs) including brake drums, tires, ladders, tool chests, floor jacks, etc. when necessary.
- Must be able to operate bench grinder, torch, drill press, Jack and Jack stands, sawzall, oil pumps, power washer, parts cleaner and other hand tools required to perform work.
- Performs emergency roadside services as needed. Requires operation of either replacement vehicle or utility truck.
- Emergency conditions may require calls at home, extended hours, or weekend work.
- Document repairs and parts on work orders completely and accurately.
- Maintains tools and work places so that conditions are neat and orderly.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with all safety provisions associated with vehicle maintenance. Understands OSHA standards and provisions.
- Understands and conforms to State EPA regulations regarding disposal of toxic waste substances.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent supplemented by specialized vehicle and equipment repair courses.
- At least two (2) years experience as a mechanic in an automotive, school bus, trucking or heavy equipment environment, or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Possession of a valid CDL with passenger and school bus endorsement is preferred.
- Ability to safely lift over 50 lbs.
- Provide own hand tools required for regular maintenance. Qualifications:
- Knowledge of tools, procedures, technical skills and safety rules used in the maintenance and repair of gasoline, diesel, and alternative powered equipment.
- Written and verbal communication skills, and customer service skills are essential. Ability to deal with problems and find solutions.
- Must have knowledge of Federal and State regulations.
- Operational knowledge of motorized gasoline, diesel and alternative fueled vehicles, and shop equipment and tools.
- Scheduling and setting priorities for work to be accomplished.
- Inspection of equipment and diagnose mechanical defects.
- ASE Certification(s) a plus Apply Now!
Keywords: Student Transportation of America, Milwaukee , Diesel Mechanics - Free ASE Certification, Engineering , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!