Full Stack Engineer
Company: Northwestern Mutual
Posted on: April 17, 2019
At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on
trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched
our company nearly 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the
reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern
Mutual.We're strong and growing.In a company with such a long and
storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time
to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative and
growing.We invest in our people.We provide opportunities for
employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our
business.We care.We make a positive difference in our communities.
Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research
and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation,
employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and
financial support to causes they're passionate about.We are an
equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a
protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.We
re looking for an experienced engineer to build the next generation
of digital tools for our clients.The role requires an agile
engineering mindset, patience and persistence to solve complex
problems, ability to get things done quickly but thoughtfully, and
strong engineering skills. Join us at the forefront of FinTech
innovation!What we re looking for:
- Ability to analyze, design, develop, deploy and support client
facing web applications and services.
competency with CSS preprocessors (LESS, SASS) and build tools
- Strong sense of ownership and the drive to tackle cross-team
- Effective communication skills: explain technical solutions to
both engineering and non-technical teammates.
- Team player: brings out the best in fellow engineers and plays
well with product owners and designers.
- 5+ years of development experience.
- Nice to haves: background with large enterprise projects,
interest in mentoring junior devs, experience with analytics tools
(Adobe Analytics, New Relic, Heap), familiarity with Docker &
- Highly competitive compensation, including annual bonus
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, matching 401(k), pension
- Tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- Extensive Professional Training Opportunities
- Excellent Work/Life Balance
- Hackathons/Commitment to Innovation
Keywords: Northwestern Mutual, Milwaukee , Full Stack Engineer, Engineering , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!