Staff Engineer-Thermal Sciences
Company: A. O. smith
Posted on: April 18, 2019
Company / Location Information
Why A. O. Smith*
Water technology is one of the fastest-growing industries in the
world, and, as a leading global water technology company, A. O.
Smith Corporation is at the center of the trend. We are a $3
billion company with 144-year history and employ more than 16,000
men and women. With manufacturing operations in the United States,
Canada, Mexico, China, India, and Europe, A. O. Smith has the
global reach to serve customers worldwide. We have sales and
distribution in more than 60 countries around the world. A. O.
Smith is committed to continuous improvement, not just in its
factories and its processes, but in its people. We value people who
are able to analyze problems and take rapid, decisive action.
What is great about this opportunity*
* You will be joining a stable, but growing organization committed
to strong financial performance, strategic acquisitions, global
expansion and the highest ethical standards of conduct.
* You will be representing a company that makes products that
improve quality of life and are considered top of the line.
* You will be joining a cohesive team that supports each other in
accomplishing shared goals.
We are seeking a talented Thermal Engineer to join our team at A.
O. Smith. This position is located at our newly opened Lloyd R.
Smith Corporate Technology Center; a 42,700-square-foot research
and development lab located in Milwaukee, WI. In this role, you
will use your previous experience working in a thermal lab, setting
up, designing, running, and analyzing lab projects.
* Set up, design, run and analyze lab projects in a thermal lab
* Work with industry and universities to develop new technologies
* Acts as technical leader to others within the company and
provides technical direction to co-workers in area of expertise
* Collaborate with others on writing patents, papers, or trade
* Direct use of specific CAE software such as Solidworks, MATLAB,
LabView, Minitab, EES, CFD, FEA, etc. and interprets results
* Use and apply advanced engineering principles within the field of
* Participates in regular collaboration with product design and
manufacturing teams; may lead functional best practice meetings,
and has a recognized reputation of contributions to operations
* Effectively communicates technical material to internal business
* Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
* Must have previous experience working in thermal lab setting up,
designing, running, and analyzing lab projects
* Demonstrated expertise and accomplishments in the field of
thermal sciences (heat transfer, fluid mechanics,
* Experience with CAE tools such as Solidworks, MATLAB, LabView,
Minitab, EES, CFD or FEA
* PHD in Mechanical Engineering or related field
* 5 years of experience working in related field
Great people make our organization great and because of that, we
offer a comfortable working environment for our employees in our
state-of-the-art Corporate Technology Center, entry passes to
several different Milwaukee festivals, sporting events, and the
county zoo, employee discounts on water filtration products,
competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits plans
which include medical and dental insurance, company-sponsored life
insurance, retirement security savings plan, short- and long-term
disability programs and tuition assistance and free parking..
A. O. Smith values employee excellence. In our employment
practices, we will not discriminate based on race, color, religion,
sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability, or other
legally protected status. We operate in a global environment and
will strive to create a workplace where men and women from diverse
backgrounds can thrive and achieve their fullest potential.
Keywords: A. O. smith, Milwaukee , Staff Engineer-Thermal Sciences, Engineering , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!