Senior Mainframe Engineer - Storage
Company: Northwestern Mutual
Posted on: June 15, 2019
At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on
trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched
our company nearly 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the
reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern
We're strong and growing. In a company with such a long and storied
history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a
part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative and
We invest in our people. We provide opportunities for employees to
grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.
We care. We make a positive difference in our communities.
Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research
and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation,
employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and
financial support to causes they're passionate about.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or
expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or
status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic
protected by law.
What's the role?--
Looking for a person to join a team focused on supporting the z/OS
mainframe, used by a large number of applications, to support NM's
legacy systems. The emphasis for this position is on the disk and
tape storage systems, support, maintenance, and data recovery.
Seeking an accomplished mainframe systems programmer--with
knowledge and a passion for infrastructure and integration.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:--
- z/OS--and z/OS Software Program Products - Installation,
Maintenance and Support
- DFSMS suite - DSS, HSM, RMM
- Mainframe Disk and Tape Hardware Installation
- FDR, CA-Vantage, Catalog Recovery
SMPe--for various program product support
- Hitachi Disk
- Performance and Capacity
- Possesses good project management skills
- Fast learner and self-starter. The people you will work with
are incredibly talented and extremely willing to share knowledge
and a helping hand, but you have to be willing to take ownership of
the outlined goals and make things happen.
- Work collaboratively on creative solutions with product owners
and other mainframe teams.
- Bring new ideas and new ways of solving problems to the
- Must possess good communication skills and mentor junior team
- Desire and ability to learn new technologies autonomously and
build on your core knowledge base.
- Ability to identify issues, support and provide real time
solutions for them.
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to logically analyze and
creatively solve complex issues independently.
- Demonstrated understanding of industry standards, technologies,
methodologies and best practices.
- Exposure to scrum/agile practices preferred.
- Work collaboratively on creative solutions with engineers in a
Req ID: 25444
Position Type: Regular Full Time
Education Experience: Bachelor's Desired
Employment Experience: 6-8 years
FLSA Status: Exempt
Posting Date: 11/07/2018
Keywords: Northwestern Mutual, Milwaukee , Senior Mainframe Engineer - Storage, Engineering , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!