Senior Test Engineer - Data
Company: Northwestern Mutual
Posted on: June 15, 2019
At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We
invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.--
What's the role?
As a technical, hands-on Test Engineer, your job is to participate
in the development and execution of manual and automated data
storage, data integration and Microsoft BI/Azure testing efforts.
Additional, role accountabilities include advancing test maturity,
test automation and modernization.
The role is that of a "full-stack" Test Engineer. Someone who has a
strong appreciation and skill for testing data, writing automated
tests (time and training is allotted after hiring to learn our
automation framework) and leading Test Engineering initiatives.
Your general milestones are the following:
- Within the first two weeks, be able to jump head-first into an
ongoing project and ask the appropriate questions / do the
appropriate research to effectively construct and execute test
cases and understand what needs to be done in terms of integration
/ regression testing and eventual deployment.
- Within one month, demonstrate ability to contribute scenarios
and validation queries, written in SQL, to our tests suites.
- Within one month, understand the basics of node.js and our
automation framework (written in node.js) to the point in which you
can contribute basic automation tests.
- Within two months, be able to discuss and test high-level
functionality and infrastructure of entire Power BI platform. You
should understand all basic user flows and how the technology
behind it works.
- Within three months, be able to build out entire features
leveraging our current automation test infrastructure (written in
node.js and SQL, using Power BI, SSIS and Informatica).
- To learn node.js to working proficiency within 4 months.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- Experience with Power BI, SSIS, SSAS and Informatica.
- Working proficiency writing complex SQL queries.
- Working proficiency of at least one programming language (other
than SQL). Python, Node.js, Java, Scala, Spark etc.
- Experience with Selenium, Cucumber and Gherkin.
- Interest in data analysis and discovery.
- Strong verbal and writing communication skills.
- ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level preferred.
- Can move quickly. The Test Engineering team is inclusive and
extremely willing to share knowledge and a helping hand, but you
have to be willing to take ownership of the outlined goals and make
- Proven results of delivering and process improvement (with
- Whip-smart team that is very friendly and always willing to
lend a hand.
- Tons of room for career growth. Test engineering team
especially is growing rapidly.
- Highly competitive salary
- Amazing Benefits
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our
client's interests at the center of all we do. Get started
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or
expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or
status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic
protected by law.
Req ID: 25420
Position Type: Regular Full Time
Education Experience: Bachelor's Desired
Employment Experience: 6-8 years
FLSA Status: Exempt
Posting Date: 06/07/2019
Keywords: Northwestern Mutual, Milwaukee , Senior Test Engineer - Data, Engineering , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!