Housing & Services Regional Manager
Company: CommonBond Communities
Posted on: January 13, 2021
CommonBond Communities welcomes applications for a full-time
Housing & Services Regional Manager overseeing a portfolio of
properties in the Greater Milwaukee, WI area. The Manager is
responsible for overseeing the operation of fiscally sound, well-
maintained, and socially healthy housing communities and provides
leadership and guidance to property and services staff.
The Housing & Services Regional Manager promotes relationships with
community and partner organizations, supervises and develops staff,
maintains program outcomes measurements, and provides oversight of
fiscal management, benchmarks, and other reports. The Regional
Manager is an excellent communicator, problem solver, with the
ability to maximize property performance, meet budgeted goals, and
support programs and services for resident stability, advancement,
WHY COMMONBOND COMMUNITIES?
- Work-life balance
- Competitive salary
- Employee referral program
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Employee recognition and rewards program
- A respectful and growth-oriented workplace
- A chance to make a difference in the community!
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Provides property managers and resident services with direction
to achieve performance goals.
- Assures site staff receives updated training regularly to
- Provides advisement/direction on all resident issues.
- Coordinate with the leaders in property management and resident
services to communicate issues and plans of action for
- Work with the affiliate board and site staff to create plans
for preserving the site's long-term affordability.
- Represents the site and corporation to public agencies and the
- Holds staff meetings to discuss global issues, provides global
insights, and motivates. Solicits feedback from the group.
- Provides property manager and resident services with written
feedback regarding site visits.
- Hires, manages, and mentors property managers and resident
services staff in all aspects of operations. Assures company
policies are followed in the hiring process and coordinates
training for site staff. Conducts performance appraisals not less
- Provide leadership for staff and ensure that all services and
programs delivered meet the needs for resident stability,
advancement, and independence.
- Design and implement programs. Participate in program
evaluation efforts and quality assessment.
- Stay abreast of current needs, innovative resources, and best
practices related to services.
- Participate in fundraising activities, such as grant reporting,
budget oversight, and identification and collection of in-kind
- Responsible for program administration related to records
maintenance, statistics, and reporting. Provide information as
- Walk grounds, vacant units, and common areas including
assessing signage, lighting, and parking surfaces. Inspects
properties regularly and takes corrective action when
- Assesses physical condition of properties, makes
recommendations for capital needs; keeps owner advised of major
- Has site staff shopped quarterly.
- Summarizes current concerns and plans of action for improving
- Establishes an on-call system to provide repairs and/or
assistance 24 hours day 7 days week.
- Provides written analysis as needed and as requested. Prepares
quarterly site visit report a minimum of once a quarter. Provides a
verbal presentation of site progress.
- Keeps abreast of the timeframe of turning units, adjusts
performance as needed to achieve a 24-hour turnaround.
- Negotiates, reviews, and abides by all terms of the Management
- Stays abreast of, monitors, and complies with all compliance
issues, laws, and code issues; specifically all fair housing laws,
HUD rules, and regulations, and LIHTC requirements, building fire
and safety codes, state tenant/landlord laws.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state, and local laws
pertaining to fair housing, ADA, all physical requirements,
including but not limited to pool rules, fencing, lighting,
- Ensures compliance with all CommonBond Housing policies and
- Meets department benchmarks for occupancy.
- Coordinates with property managers to write effective marketing
plans aimed at achieving and maintaining a minimum 97% occupancy
- Drafts and secures arrival for annual operating plan and budget
for resident/owner board.
- Reviews and approves all capital expenditures below $2,000.
- Reviews and approves all service contracts and contracted
repairs below $2,000.
- Completes quarterly owner's reports as required for each
- Completes budget packages for outside owners and regulatory
agencies, including narrative summaries, market analysis,
forecasting, capital needs projections.
- Ensures timely and accurate submission of reports, payables,
- Analyzes risks and resolutions reports as well as move-out
reports for resident services performance reporting as enhancing
the financial performance of the property.
- Develop, coordinate, communicate, and adjust operating
plan/management plans as needed to ensure budgeted goals are
- Four-year degree or equivalent experience in property
- Working knowledge of federally assisted housing
- Solid track record of successful financial property performance
and budget management.
- Three years of experience with multi-site management.
- One year of experience developing, implementing, managing, and
evaluating human or social service programs focused on ethnically,
socially, and/or economically diverse populations.
- Ability to network and develop community partnerships.
- Demonstrated commitment to and experience working within
diverse communities, which include people of various ages, gender,
sexual orientations, national origins, income levels, ability
levels, religious affiliations, races, and languages.
- Analytical capability and a methodical approach to presenting
and interpreting data.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Solid skills and experience with managing, training, mentoring,
and motivating staff.
- Access to reliable transportation.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record.
- Certification in CPR and First Aid or have the ability to
become certified within six months of starting position.
- Three or more years of experience developing, implementing,
managing, and evaluating human or social service programs focused
on ethnically, socially, and/or economically diverse
- Master's degree in social work, human services, nonprofit
administration, leadership, or related field.
- Grant management.
- Proficiency in YARDI.
- Ability to sit for up to 8 hours at a time.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds unassisted.
- Use of hands and arms to use a computer keyboard, adding
machine and calculator.
- Able to walk, climb stairs, stand and squat or perform property
inspections and tours.
- Must be willing and able to travel extensively between
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends as necessary or
determined by supervisor(s).
- Must be willing to carry a cell phone.
- Perform all other duties as evident or assigned by Director or
This job description is intended to provide information essential
to understanding the scope of the regional manager position. It is
not an exhaustive list of skills, duties, responsibilities, or
working conditions associated with the position.
Keywords: CommonBond Communities, Milwaukee , Housing & Services Regional Manager, Executive , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!