Director of Nursing
Company: Three Pillars Senior Living Communities
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Assume responsibility for supervision and evaluation of total
nursing care for Masonic Health Care Center residents on a 24-hour
basis. Plan, organize, direct and evaluate the administrative and
clinical functions of the Masonic Health Care Center nursing
department. Ensure quality care is provided through supportive and
skilled nursing services. Principle Accountabilities:
- Manage Department 40%
- Develop and maintain nursing department objectives and
standards of nursing practice. Maintain required records.
- Write, review and revise nursing policies, procedures and job
descriptions for nursing staff.
- Coordinate nursing department services with other
- Plan, prepare and administer budget for nursing department;
including staffing, medical supplies and equipment. Operate within
budgetary guidelines and hold department staff accountable for
operating within budget.
- Compile and analyze department operational data to efficiently
manage the quality and cost of service provided as well as plan for
new service development. Prepare reports as needed.
- Identify, review and prioritize clinical competency issues on
an ongoing basis and recommend appropriate actions.
- Regularly inspect facility and nursing practices for compliance
with Federal, State and local standards and regulations.
- Make decisions based on factual information and logical
conclusions. Consider alternate courses of action and their
consequences before acting.
- Maintain good flow of communication between staff. Preserve
- Serve as a member of the Level of Care Committee and notify
residents and significant others of changes occur.
- Hire all nursing department staff. Evaluate and supervise
administrative nursing staff.
- Train, develop, coach and supervise the Unit Secretary,
Scheduler/Central Supply Coordinator, Medical Records Clerk,
Infection Control & Education Specialist, Restorative Coordinator
and Nursing Management staff. Conduct fair, accurate and timely
- Administer fair and consistent discipline throughout the
department. Implement current policies.
- Ensure all nursing staff hold a current license/certifications
as required by state and federal agencies.
- Maintain accountability for all tasks, duties, or activities
related to the nursing function.
- Set an exemplary model for staff through professional
appearance, treatment of employees and dedication to company
- Ensure that the duties of nursing staff are clearly defined and
assigned to staff members consistent with the level of education,
preparation, experience and licensing of each.
- Ensure department is in compliance with labor laws.
- Safety 10%
- Provide a safe working environment for employees with an
effective safety program to prevent injuries and return to work
programs for those injured on the job.
- Ensure resident and employee incidents and injuries are
investigated, followed through on and documented properly.
- Be familiar with the operation and function of all equipment
used by department staff. Demonstrate and reinforce proper use by
- Follow safety, security infection control (including Standard
Precautions) and hazardous materials policies and procedures.
Perform all tasks to assure resident and personal safety and the
protection of Three Pillars property.
- Resident Care 10%
- Review and maintain Resident Rights.
- Be on call at all times or designate another Registered Nurse
to be on call.
- Participate in the selection of prospective residents in terms
of their nursing needs and the nursing competencies available.
- Coordinate psychiatric services.
- Other Responsibilities 10%
- Participate in meetings as needed.
- Consult with other departments to coordinate efforts to provide
services to meet organizational needs.
- Achieve satisfactory performance in all performance evaluation
- Keep current with job standards through inservice training,
continuing education, personal and professional development.
- Continually seek opportunities for Quality Improvement.
- Actively recognize and appropriately respond to customer
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor. Requirements
- Minimum education, certification and/or licensure: Licensed RN
in Wisconsin; BSN preferred. Must have valid CPR
- Physical requirements: Lift, push, pull objects weighing
minimum of 60 pounds and 100 pounds in an emergency. Sit, stand,
walk and bend frequently. Visual acuity up to 100 feet. Hearing
ability within high decibel range and the normal range of a
- Mental requirements: Working knowledge of federal, state and
local standards and regulations. Strong interpersonal skills. Read,
write and speak English fluently. Handle hostile or emotionally
upset residents, staff, etc.
- Experience: Five years experience in long term care with a
background in management or supervision and knowledge of OBRA
- Computer knowledge: Microsoft office. Working Conditions:
- Exposure to bloodborne pathogens risk
- Work primarily indoors About Careers at Three Pillars: Three
Pillars Senior Living Communities has been offering the highest
quality of housing and services for older adults for more than a
century. We are a nonprofit, mission-driven organization, with our
picturesque Dousman campus conveniently located just south of I-94.
We offer independent senior apartments and duplex homes,
catered/assisted living, memory care, rehabilitation, skilled
nursing care, and wellness programming. In all that we do, we're
inspired by what best serves our residents. They know they can
trust the extraordinary people who make up the Three Pillars team,
and we take pride in providing them with an excellent experience.
Our staff knows they can count on Three Pillars as a remarkable
place to work, where their skills and strengths are appreciated and
nurtured. (But don't just take our word for it see what our current
team members have to say.) Staff members become part of a
tight-knit family where they're valued as a person, enjoying
competitive wages and benefits, advancing technology, complete
onsite fitness and wellness facilities, generous tuition
reimbursement, and ongoing training. Open your heart to our
residents and experience the rewards of more than just a job, but a
fulfilling career where you make a difference in people's lives
every day. Is this your next career? We can't wait to hear from
you!-- Three Pillars Senior Living Communities is an Equal
Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer we're committed to hiring
a diverse team.
Keywords: Three Pillars Senior Living Communities, Milwaukee , Director of Nursing, Executive , Dousman, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!