Director of Data & Assessment
Company: Carmen Schools of Science and Technology
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Founded in 2007, Carmen Schools of Science and Technology
(Carmen), is a nationally recognized, high performing public
charter school network of schools serving more than 2,300 students
in grades K4-12th grade across five campuses in Milwaukee,
Wisconsin. Carmen is rooted in the belief that ALL children,
regardless of income, neighborhood, race, or ability deserve a high
quality educational experience that will prepare them for success
in college, careers, community involvement and life. POSITION
SUMMARY Carmen seeks a proven leader to lead as the Director of
Data & Assessment, a mission critical role to ensure Carmen Schools
of Science and Technology is on track to provide an education that
prepares all students to be college-bound and career-ready.
Reporting to the Chief Schools Officer and working closely with the
Chief Executive Officer and other members of the senior team, the
Director of Data & Assessment's charge is to ensure the
organization's data systems are accurate, accessible, and support
data driven decision making in support of our mission. The
successful candidate, through data analysis, critical review of
systems and processes, and knowledge of assessment requirements and
opportunities, will see to it that Carmen Schools deliver on our
mission for every student. QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year university
required; advanced degree in related field preferred.
- Five years of relevant experience, preferably in the education
or non-profit fields.
- A strong commitment to our mission and a belief in the
potential of all learners is required.
- Robust quantitative and analytical skills, including experience
working with large data sets to derive insights.
- Skilled in creating powerful, compelling data presentations
with an ability to convey complex ideas through brief, simple
- Knowledge of the education field, including familiarity with
current student data systems (e.g., student information systems
such as PowerSchools, Infinite Campus, and/or Schoolrunner,
assessment platforms such as Illuminate Education and NWEA MAP,
behavior platforms such as Kickboard and LiveSchool, etc.) and
relevant data sets (e.g., demographics, student achievement data,
- Experience programming in data analysis languages and/or
software (e.g., SQL, R, Stata, SPSS).
- Experience with data visualization and dashboard creation tools
- Evidence of strong collaboration skills and experience with
working with team members at all levels within the
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, and communication
skills and ability to build meaningful relationships quickly.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES Make data accessible and
support data-driven decisions across the organization:
- Develop and maintain monthly Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Prepare highly accurate reports for myriad stakeholders across
the organization, including staff members, families, and multiple
- Work closely with the CEO to prepare data reports for funding,
authorizing, and compliance reporting purposes.
- Work with the Academic Team to create systems to ensure
assessment data is accessible, captured in a consistent manner, and
- Train and support Data Leads at each campus to strengthen their
data analysis skills.
- Lead development of any new software platforms that manage or
present data and ensure seamless integration with existing
- Oversee PowerSchools consultants to create consistency between
internal and external data and support development and
dissemination of institutional knowledge regarding use of the
- Work closely with the Chief Schools Officer and Chief Operating
Officer to manage Student Information Systems data, cleaning data
and aligning with all systems when necessary. Create a
network-level foundation for assessment review and action planning:
- Develop familiarity with key assessments: MAP, ACCESS, FORWARD,
ACT, etc. and keep current on best practices research in relation
to these assessments.
- Lead standardized assessment efforts by publishing assessment
calendar, ensuring rostering and training for campus assessment
leads, and support development of systems for schools to ensure
high levels of participation (95%+) and focus on key
- Produce reports within three days of assessment window closing
to demonstrate trends within campuses, grade levels, subjects, and
across the network.
- Stay current on both Wisconsin specific requirements and
nationwide best practices around assessment analysis, data
reporting, and efforts to improve academic outcomes for all
students in relation to data and assessments. COMPENSATION &
BENEFITS Carmen Schools of Science and Technology provides salaries
commensurate with qualifications and experience, plus excellent
health and worksite benefits, free life insurance, free employee
assistance program (EAP), free short-term disability insurance,
403b retirement plan, flexible spending accounts, and generous paid
time off. EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER Carmen complies with
applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination. We
are committed to equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, gender, disability, genetic information, marital status,
age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion,
termination, lay-off, recall, transfer, leave of absence,
compensation, and training.
Carmen expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment
based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation,
national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran
status. Any actions or behaviors that create an uncomfortable work
environment and prohibit an employee to perform their expected
duties will not be tolerated.
Keywords: Carmen Schools of Science and Technology, Milwaukee , Director of Data & Assessment, Executive , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!