Director of Supplier Business Continuity
Company: Johnson Controls
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Director of Supplier Business Continuity Johnson Controls
Procurement Center of Excellence is seeking a Director of Supplier
Business Continuity to develop and manage their Supplier Business
Continuity program. The individual will lead all aspects of the
program providing strategic direction while ensuring the program
meets the risk management goals of the organization. They will
collaborate with multiple functions across the organization and
ensure adoption of the SBC program enterprise wide. The person in
this role will interface with Procurement, Supplier Performance,
Business Operations, Finance, IT, Legal, Engineering and other
functional groups as needed. The candidate will communicate with
and influence leaders at all levels of the organization and provide
support for disruption events. The position will report directly to
the Director of Procurement Operational Excellence.
- Provide vision and strategic direction for the Supplier
Business Continuity program to ensure top quartile performance
- Review suppliers, customer contracts, rating agencies to
identify key contractual risks
- Interface with senior leaders and other key personnel (third
party organizations, credit companies, insurance companies,
attorneys, financial consultants) in the implementation of the risk
- Establish close networking relationships with key suppliers and
- Lead or contribute to negotiations involving distressed
suppliers using playbooks to ensure a consistent approach to supply
- Define key processes and establish tool sets that predict and
- Overall management of the suit of BC tools ensuring maximum
value is attained through coordinated use.
- Ensure project scope is sufficient to achieve organizational
goals and that resources are available to support the program.
- Develop KPI's to drive behaviors and measure results
- Make buy decisions and supplier selection of 3rd party business
- Digitally enhance and automate process for assessing supplier
risk, create supplier risk dashboards
- Develop/mentor commodity and business continuity team
- Ensure the program evolves with changing business and
technological advancements What you will need Required
- Bachelor's Degree (preferable within Finance or Supply Chain
- Previous experience with business and supplier continuity
- Ten to fifteen years of working knowledge experience in
Procurement or Finance related environment--with a history of
driving change in a multinational environment
- Able to travel globally (Up to 25% Travel).
- Strong communication skills - written and oral.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) or PMP
- Customer Focused towards internal and external customers,
focused on driving value and solutions that further the Company's
goals and objectives.
- Highly accountable for achieving the goals and objectives set
forth for this position.
- Ability to influence and network with cross-functional and
cross-business teams to implement program strategies and
- Capable of working in a matrix environment.
- Process Mapping, Six Sigma background preferred.
- A fast learner, hands-on, attention-to-detail, committed to
proactive continuous improvement and excellent customer
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and provide
recommendations to senior leadership
- Excellent communications, planning and organization skills, and
fosters good working relationships with peers and colleagues.
- Proficient with MS Office, MS Project and SharePoint Preferred
MBA preferred Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal
employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
protected veteran status, genetic information, status as a
qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic
protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you require an
accommodation during the application process, please visit
www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers. Previous Job Searches My Profile
Create and manage profiles for future opportunities. --- United
States of America, Wisconsin, Milwaukee --- United States of
America, Wisconsin, Milwaukee --- United States of America,
Keywords: Johnson Controls, Milwaukee , Director of Supplier Business Continuity, Executive , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!