Strategic Sourcing Manager - Indirect
Company: Charter Automotive
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Charter Manufacturing is a fourth-generation family-owned
business where our will to grow drives us to do it better. Join the
team and become part of our family! POSITION PURPOSE/MISSION:
Create and drive strategic sourcing for all spend categories with
enterprise-wide responsibilities for the procurement strategies of
indirect goods and services as well as collaboration with multiple
business units to secure optimal purchasing opportunities for
Charter Steel. Assume a strategic business partner role by
interfacing at the all levels of the company with the ability to
understand customer needs and drive results to achieve customer
satisfaction. Drive continuous improvement of procurement processes
throughout the business and provide expertise to business leaders
in planning and implementing supply chain strategies to achieve
business goals and objectives. Manage multi-million dollar
financial and enterprise risk mitigation responsibilities with
responsible annual spend more than $100M annually. MINIMUM
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Finance,
Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, or Engineering.
- 10 years' experience in a procurement role.
- 5 years' strategic sourcing experience with expertise in
influencing business strategy and vendor relations.
- Highly honed negotiation skills developed through significant
corporate sourcing environment experience.
- Proven experience leading cross divisional or functional
- Experience writing and generating RFPs, RFIs and RFQs to
- Excellent quantitative, analytical and project management
- Strong influencing skills that can be used to lead teams and
build partnerships with internal resources and Charter Steels
- Previous experience developing and leading a category
management strategy for indirect goods and services.
- Proven leadership skills - ability to motivate others to
quickly achieve results in a matrixed environment.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively persuade others to listen,
commit, and act on a new approach.
- Strategic mindset with excellent executive presence and
- Self-confident with an ability to accept and respond to
challenges in a positive manner.
- Strong and effective verbal and written communication
- Effectively presents complex topics in a concise manner to
audiences at various levels and in various sizes.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills in addition to
advanced project leadership and management skills. PREFERRED
- Master's or post-graduate Degree from an accredited four-year
college or university.
- Certification in or equivalent training in Certified Purchasing
Manager (CPM), Certified Purchasing and Supply Chain (CPSM), or
American Inventory and Production Control Society (APICS).
- Advanced Oracle procurement process integration
- Broad understanding of business issues, metrics, organizational
linkages and customer value.
- High degree of stakeholder management skills. MAJOR
- Lead creation and implementation of sourcing and demand
management strategies for assigned indirect goods and service
categories of spend, manage the development of RFx materials,
detailed analysis of proposals and vendor capabilities,
negotiations and supplier selection as well as perform player/coach
for staff to produce the same results for their respective
- Leverage key metrics to identify problem areas and adopt
current and emerging business models with an entrepreneurial
mindset and creative approach to drive best practice.
- Strategic focus in the redesign of the procure to pay process
to drive year over year efficiency improvements.
- Build and maintain preferred supplier base of the highest
quality suppliers with the aim towards continued growth and year
over year supply improvement.
- Lead and coach a team responsible to strategically partner with
business unit leaders and contribute by providing procurement
expertise and strategic partnering for purchasing
- Counsel business unit leaders regarding purchasing processes,
technology capabilities and policies to assist in the procurement
- Build and manage relationships with priority business
executives, serves as a key member of the business unit leadership
team to support implementation of business strategies through
advanced procurement initiatives and team alignment, facilitate the
entire sourcing process and closely collaborate with team members
to select and award business to suppliers.
- Uses knowledge of industry and market trends to develop and
champion long-term strategies
- Demonstrates a strategic business mindset, organizational
savvy, presents an executive-level presence, and balances multiple
stakeholder interests simultaneously.
- Create, drive and mentor staff in long-term strategic planning
efforts for assigned sourcing categories including advanced
multi-year category strategies designed to anticipate
enterprise-wide requirements while optimizing forecasted shifts in
both supply markets, industry trends and supplier economic
- Lead the development and negotiation of contracts with new
material and service suppliers and/or renegotiate existing
contracts to accomplish lowest total system cost and savings
objectives as well as perform player/coach for staff to produce the
same results for their respective areas.
- Conduct category spend analyses and reporting, supplier
stratification, supply market and category industry research as
well as perform player/coach for staff to produce the same results
for their respective areas.
- Provide oversight and evaluate ethical procurement practices of
contracted goods and services which includes compliance with
corporate and departmental policies and procedures as well as
federal, state and local regulations
- Hire, develop, motivate, and retain high performing staff.
- Provide guidance on assigned activities and ensure
follow-through on assigned tasks and projects.
- Evaluate performance and provide guidance and/or
- Follow Environmental, Quality and Safety Management System
procedures and requirements.
- Ability to meet the essential job requirements, with or without
reasonable accommodation, as outlined in the job description.
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR SUPERVISION:
- 6 Direct Reports ( 4 Buyers, 2 Category Leads) ORGANIZATIONAL
- Reports to: Director of Procurement
- Primary internal customers: P lant maintenance, Finance and
- Primary external customers: Suppliers POSITION CHALLENGES:
- Persuade others to listen, commit, and act on a new
- Present complex topics in a concise and effective manner to
audiences at various levels of the business. Charter Manufacturing
Company, Inc. is a family-owned steel and iron production and
manufacturing company that was founded in the 1930s. Our will to
grow is our success. It is the result of Charter's respected team
of employees, each person's dedication to continuous improvement
and an entrepreneurial spirit that thrives within the Charter
family. WE ARE INVESTED IN YOU When you work at Charter
Manufacturing you're part of a four-generation family business.
That means, you're not just an employee, you're one of our family
We believe in mutual trust. Employees are respected and empowered
to explore new and better ways to impact the success of the
company. Employees, at every level, are valued for their motivation
to deliver the best products and service.
We are in this together. Charter has a thriving team environment.
Part of being a family means we collaborate, learn, thrive and
benefit - together.
We are committed to your future. The forward thinking and
enthusiasm from our team drives us to create resources and
opportunities for employees to learn, develop and create their own
We celebrate you. We are successful because of our employees - and
their great work doesn't go unnoticed. We recognize and reward our
employees for their contributions.
Visit our website to learn more about our family of companies.
. View/Download Employment-related Notices:
Keywords: Charter Automotive, Milwaukee , Strategic Sourcing Manager - Indirect, Executive , Saukville, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!