President / Chief Executive Officer
Company: Chicago Zoological Society,
Posted on: April 10, 2021
President/Chief Executive Officer
We have an exciting, unique opportunity to lead a pre-eminent
zoological and conservation organization, the Chicago Zoological
Society which operates Brookfield Zoo. Our CEO will be retiring
after many years, and we are searching for a successor to plan,
oversee, and control all aspects of Brookfield Zoo and the Chicago
Zoological Society's programs, staff and operations.
The successful candidate will:
- Set strategic directions and goals that further the Society's
- Ensure that Brookfield Zoo remains a vibrant and influential
cultural destination that educates, inspires, entertains, and
encourages conservation action.
- Work through strategic alliances and maintains strong relations
with partners at the local, state, national, and international
levels, including government officials, key public leaders,
organizations and others.
- Assure the highest standards of quality and care for the Zoo's
animals and horticultural collection.
- Enhance the organization's public profile and image.
Strengthens ties with the greater Chicago community.
- Lead fundraising efforts and works with others to maximize
revenues from earned, charitable, and governmental sources with a
focus on continued growth.
- Maintain and strengthens relations with government officials at
all levels. Ensures that key public leaders and decision-makers
understand and support the Society's unique capabilities,
positions, and contributions.
- Address challenging and diverse infrastructure and capital
- Foster continuous improvement, organizational growth and
development, diversity, equity, accessibility, inclusion and
- Work with Board, staff, and others on long-range planning and
budget. Develop the annual operating plan and budget for Board
approval. Make key decisions on issues that affect the policies,
operations and direction of the organization.
- Build strong relationships and ties among trustees, volunteers,
and staff and help to attract new trustees to the Board.
- I mplement actions to improve workplace culture with an
emphasis on driving business results and fostering diversity,
inclusion, accessibility, and equity. Position Requirements and
- Master's degree in a directly relevant field or equivalent
training and working experience in a zoo or other conservation
organization or must be conversant in conservation issues and
science to be a convincing representative. Doctoral degree
preferred. Background in a zoo or scientific discipline
- Significant experience in effective management of a complex and
sizable private or public organization, preferably that includes
conservation, biology, or science-based professionals, with a
successful record of visionary leadership, inspiration, and
- Engaging public presence. Exceptional communication skills and
experience as an effective spokesperson.
- Marketing and fundraising aptitude and ability.
- Political experience working with public officials at the
local, state, and federal levels.
- Highly flexible and ability to adapt to change.
- Imagination, intelligence, gracious self-confidence, good
humor, caring attitude, and unquestionable integrity.
- Cultural proficiency; experience and/or ability to work and
interact effectively with a diverse, multicultural audience.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Job Location Chicago Zoological Society-Brookfield Zoo
Keywords: Chicago Zoological Society,, Milwaukee , President / Chief Executive Officer, Executive , Brookfield, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!