Company: FIS. Empowering the Financial World
Posted on: April 10, 2021
COVID-19 update: We continue to closely monitor the evolving
situation and tailor our selection process to best care for the
wellbeing of our colleagues and candidates.--As a critical
infrastructure provider for the global economy, our search for
great talent is as important now as ever. Our current approach to
job interviews and new hire onboarding is predominantly being
conducted virtually.-- Learn more --about our response to COVID-19.
And, for a look at our approach to supporting our clients during
these times, click here . This job is available in 4 locations Job
Id JR0132342 Category Product Development Posted Date: 03/09/2021
Position Type : Full time Type Of Hire : Experienced (relevant
combo of work and education) Education Desired : Bachelor of
Computer Science Travel Percentage : 0%Job DescriptionAre you
curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the
opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant
issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people
empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open,
collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.About
the productThe FIS Digital One-- digital banking platform's suite
of solutions offers a customer-centric banking experience for your
customers, business clients and bankers - providing consistency
across digital and mobile self-service and banker-assisted
channels.Built on a single, integrated platform, it transforms the
digital banking experience by providing continuous engagement
across the enterprise with real-time access to customer, account
and transactional data.What you will be doingAs the Sr. Development
Manager you would be directly responsible for managing a team of
developers, testers and business analysts to implement the software
and solutions required for our customers. You would report to the
software development and delivery Director. The Development Manager
is also customer facing and will have the primary responsibility
for working with the developers and core R&D team and the QA
team at--FIS to ensure a quality delivery in a timely fashion.
Direct responsibility for the project plan and management of all
phases of the software development lifecycle in a waterfall or
Agile environment.Essential Responsibilities
- Manages full software development lifecycle including testing,
implementation, and auditing.
- Act as the direct manager of developers, QA analysts, business
analysts for a software development team delivering solutions to
financial service customers.
- Own and manage a project plan for this delivery team.
- Establish goals for the team, provide feedback and coaching,
and evaluate goals over time.
- Manage employee performance issues as necessary.
- Maximizes both utilization and profitability of assigned team
of resources' billable time.
- Ensures base applications meet appropriate quality
- Adheres to the departmental application development and client
delivery process standards.
- Hands on coding in Angular 7, J2EE, OpenShift, service oriented
architecture, Spring, Git and Internet distributed technologiesWhat
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or the equivalent
combination of education, training, or work experience.
- Experience with transaction based/end to end systems
development primarily focused in the financial services
- Achieved success in a consulting-like environment or software
- Requires management of multiple projects throughout the full
lifecycle of inception to transition.
- Requires 8+ year experience working with software development
- Requires 3+ year experience managing a software development
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong decision making skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to understand and communicate
- Must have the ability to work independently, as well as work as
a team player.
- Must have the ability to coach others.
- Must have the ability and desire to wear multiple hats and play
a flexible role in growing the business from a technical management
perspective.Added bonus if you have:
- Experience dealing with large financial services clients.
- Experience managing teams in a consultative environment.
- Experience being part of a small company in its early
- Early career experience as a lead developer/architect on Web
based Angular and J2EE projects dealing with large scale
distributed systemsWhat we offer you
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A fantastic range of benefits including private medical cover,
dental cover and travel insurance
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant
issues in financial services & technology
- Great work spaces with dedicated and motivated colleagues
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and
respect.Privacy StatementFIS is committed to protecting the privacy
and security of all personal information that we process in order
to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how
FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online
Privacy Notice. EEOC StatementFIS is an equal opportunity employer.
We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status,
and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is
available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If
you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be
required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this
job description care was taken to include all competencies needed
to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans
with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of
the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA
reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests
will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Sourcing
ModelRecruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model;
a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment
agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies
which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible
for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our
employees, or any other part of our company.#pridepass Get tailored
job recommendations based on your interests.
Keywords: FIS. Empowering the Financial World, Milwaukee , Development Manager, Executive , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!