Posted on: May 6, 2021
Directs, coordinates and manages either directly or though
subordinates, all manufacturing operations including assembly,
testing, and packaging. -- Is accountable for manufacturing costs,
quality and quantity of production, methods and tooling
applications and effective use of production hours, skills,
machines, equipment and facilities. -- Participates in planning
production schedule, staffing requirements and manufacturing
controls as related to manufacturing operations. -- Expedites
scheduled production, investigates delays and initiates corrective
action to assure economical production through efficient
procedures. -- Administers company rules, regulations and policies
governing employment.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:Safety
- Drives a strong safety culture ensuring a safe and healthy
- Actively participates in a safety program that supports a
positive safety culture. -- Delivers superior EH&S
- Supports incident investigations. -- Leads incident
investigations as needed --Manufacturing Management / Planning
- Develops and delivers robust assembly and molding plans to
ensure production operates at optimum levels with efficient
utilization of people, equipment, and resources.
- Minimizes scrap and material losses; maximizes throughput
yields. -- Continuously seeks and implements cost and waste
- Participative member of the plant management team.Injection
- Support installation, start-up and validation of new injection
molding lines and tools including coordination and execution of
transfer plans, bank builds, etc.
- Establish and help execute corrective and preventive
maintenance, start-up and shut-down procedures and work
instructions for injection molding equipment and molds.
- Help coordinate tooling and equipment availability, repair and
maintenance. -- This includes:
- Completion of assigned preventive maintenance tasks
- Completion of assigned work orders in a timely manner
- Coordinate troubleshooting and adjustment of molding parameters
to maintain quality and maximum product output.
- Coordinate with outside vendors regarding maintenance and
repair for tooling and equipment.Continuous Improvement / ITW
- Champions the ITW toolbox and exhibits relentless focus on our
80 customers, products and processes.
- Supports operations by creating an 80/20 culture throughout the
plant and in developing manufacturing standards, processes, and
KPIs. Manages to those KPIs.
- Manages and coordinates the plant Layered Process Audit (LPA)
and 5S programs.Team Management & Development
- Manages and develps a direct team of 2+ Team Leaders and a
total team of production members over three shifts.
- Coaches through feedback, developmnet planning, and performance
- Uses effective change management skills to effectively plan,
implement, and evaluate change.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Bachelor--------s Degree or minimum of relevant work experience
of 5 years-------- in production management function required.
- 5 -----" 7 years-------- experience in a highly
automated/injection molding manufacturing and production
- Experience in manufacturing processes and techniques in quality
and delivery systems/standards.
- Must be able to coach and inspire staff to higher level of
- Possess a proven track record of driving accountability.
- Understanding of finance and management principles.
- Possess excellent organization skills.
- High level of computer skills required (Microsoft Office, ERP
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to apply 80/20 in critical thinking, decision making,
and problem solving required.
- Ability to plan, organize, and implement with attention to
- Leadership and interpersonal skills to effectively interface
with our customers, suppliers, employees, and all levels of
- Ability to motivate and influence others.
- Demonstrated experience managing complexity and change.Physical
DemandsThe physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. -- Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or
feel. -- The employee frequently is required to stand and sit. --
The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and
arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. -- The
employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds,
frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds, and occasionally lift
and/or move up to 75 pounds. -- Specific vision abilities required
by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision,
peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust
focus.Protective Equipment Required:PPE requirements may vary
depending on tasks performed.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race,
color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran
status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.All your
information will be kept confidential according to EEO
guidelines.PandoLogic. Keywords: Production Manager, Location:
Milwaukee, WI - 53205
Keywords: ITW, Milwaukee , Production Manager, Executive , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!