Company: Florentine Opera Company
Posted on: January 16, 2022
full-time, hybrid, salary 60s
The ideal candidate is comfortable handling large amounts of data,
acting as a business partner, decision maker, and providing regular
financial reporting.Also manages financial information; prepares
financial statements and cash flow. Handles HR documentation,
onboarding process, payroll, insurance and retirement plans.
Reports to the General Director/CEO.
- Prepares internal and external financial statements by
gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system
and from department heads
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and
files, reconciling accounts.
- Prepares payments by accruing expenses; assigning account
numbers; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts.
- Oversee incoming donations, grant managementand reporting tasks
related to this
- Produce the annual budget and forecast with input from
departments. The current year should be a monthly budget.
- Calculate variances from budget and report significant issues
to management and Board; update projections for current year
- Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet
reports; verifying information. Make suggestions of cost savings
and system adjustments to General Director and Finance
- Keep company policies up to date; recommend modifications to
the General Director
- Oversee and coordinate Annual Financial and Benefit Plan Audit,
supplying support to auditors
- Prepare annual company filings with external bodies to keep
Company Status (Annual Government Filings)
- Manage benefit plans and business insurance plans
- Protect organization's value by keeping information
- Present results to Finance and executive Committees, Board;
prepare committee chair(s) and General Director for meetings;
maintain minutes for finance, board and executive meetings
- Continue relationship with UPAF, banking partners, and Opera
America, providing information as needed
- Process semimonthly and special show payrolls, including
handling of taxes for international artists
- Onboard new employees for benefits programs and tax
- Manage business office (bank deposits, coordinating copier and
postage support, lease with IT support)
Skills and Qualifications:
- Familiar with Sage and nonprofit accounting helpful
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Finance or related field, 3-5
years of relevant experience
- Fluency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word,
- Detail-oriented and analytical
- Has background with international artist paperwork helpful
- Has experience with all aspects of accounting, SFAS Rules; CPA
- Relies upon strong reporting skills, deadline-oriented self
starter, efficient time management, attention to detail, respect
for confidentiality, excellent interpersonal skills.
- Enjoys helping people understand the story behind the numbers,
and problem solving
About the Florentine OperaAs a $3M grand opera company, weve been
bringing a little bit of the world to Milwaukee since 1933. Were on
a journey of discovery, exploring the glory of the human voice.
Were a powerhouse for all different voices and stories, which have
endured through the centuries and resonate with our humanity and
passion. Were a live, supersized experience, created in-the-moment
through theater, staging, lighting, lavish costumes, and beautiful
song, bringing you the most immersive and all-encompassing artistic
experience possible. Join us for a live performance that will sweep
you off your feet.
If interested in this role, please send your resume to Maggey
Oplinger at email@example.com Jobble
Keywords: Florentine Opera Company, Milwaukee , Finance Manager, Executive , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!