Tax Manager - PSG - Operating Partnership Services
Posted on: May 16, 2022
You've earned your stripes as a tax specialist and tapped into
the world of cutting-edge tax technology. You are not an expert in
technology, but you can offer profound insight about how U.S.
federal income tax models and computations work. If you have a
passion for improving computational software applications and
proprietary solutions, we have the career opportunity to keep you
Work you'll do:
As a Manager on our Partnership Solutions Group, Operational
Partnership Services team you will:
- Refine your skillset with the ability to work with large-scaled
operating partnership tax clients on matters that mean the most to
- Diversify your industry experience by working on a plethora of
various industries including private equity, healthcare, tech,
financial products, oil & gas, green energy, real estate, consumer
products, and other various industries.
- Deliver value to client experiencing a public offering
(including SPACs) and interact with external counsel, underwriters,
client executives, and capital market professionals through the SEC
public filing process.
- Assist our client with public offering transactions including
but not limited to initial proxy and registration statements for
Up-C and SPAC structures.
- Work with Up-C clients on an on-going basis during periodic
service periods during the year.
- Develop an understanding of the public monetization
transactional process, including tax receivable agreements.
- Create cutting-edge technology that evolves around U.S. federal
income tax principles for partnership tax, data analytics, and the
- Lead engagement teams and have the opportunity to work with
highly motivated and dedicated teams.
- Implement strategic tax structures and processes, and oversee
complex tax computation projects for clients, with emphasis on
identification and communication of technical tax and service
- Determine and solve for complexities with the U.S. federal
income tax impact of public offerings.
- Mentor and develop of engagement staff, providing leadership,
counseling, career guidance, and guidance on issues related to
- Participate in marketplace activities, recruiting, and process
and technology innovation.
- Identify service opportunities, manage client accounts, and
advance various Deloitte initiatives.
National Federal Tax Services (NFTS) is a national practice within
Deloitte Tax LLP made up of a number of tax service offerings. Each
NFTS service offering has been developed and built as a result of a
tax planning idea, a marketplace driver, or a technological
innovation - all with the purpose of delivering results for our
clients. Our people are entrepreneurial in spirit and have always
had the work-hard/play-hard mentality. NFTS service lines provide
tax planning for the largest organizations across all
In the Operational Partnership Services service line, which is a
part of the Partnership Solutions Group within NFTS, Operational
Partnership Services professionals counsel privately-held and
publicly-traded partnerships across the United States on a wide
range of federal tax and issues involving Up-C, mergers,
acquisitions, divestitures, initial public offerings (IPO),
post-offering assistance, and process design and improvement.
Operational Partnership Services is the leading provider of
umbrella partnership C corporations (Up-C) services, using
propriety technology (iPACS.SubK) developed and deployed by
Operational Partnership Services in serving our clients that
assists clients both pre and post public offering process. The
Operational Partnership Services practice is also heavily involved
in the implementation of tax receivable agreements that are
executed as part of advanced reorganization transactions that are
typically associated with Up-Cs. Industries served by the
Operational Partnership Services practice include private equity,
real estate, telecom, technology, healthcare, media &
entertainment, energy, retail, and financial services that
frequently involve asset management, venture capital, and
international outbound joint ventures. Come join the team!
- Five (5)+ year of experience in federal partnership tax
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or other business-related field
- Numerical-problem-solving focus
- CPA or JD (or willing to pass CPA exam within 12 months after
- Proven leadership skills demonstrating strong judgment,
problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
- Proven management experience indicating strong organizational
skills and the ability to plan and manage budgets and
- Travel up to 15% (While up to 15% of travel is a requirement of
the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended
until further notice.)
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication
- Advanced degree such as master's in science of tax (MST), MAcc,
JD, or LLM
- Big 4 or comparable experience
- Aptitude in MS Project, Word, Excel, and Visio
- Experience working in a fast-paced, team environment
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to effectively handle
multiple, competing priorities
- U.S. federal income tax partnership experience
- Transaction and M&A experience
- Alteryx experience
Keywords: Deloitte, Milwaukee , Tax Manager - PSG - Operating Partnership Services, Executive , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!