Communications, Senior Manager
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Engage in proactive and reactive media relations to enhance and
defend the Charter and Spectrum brands. Execute the companys
corporate social responsibility strategy in local markets. Provide
regional internal communications support through the creation of
content and leadership consultation. Serve as backup to Sr.
Director of Field Communications.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promote all aspects of the Charter and Spectrum brand in local
news markets, including products and services, jobs and employment,
stores and facilities, networks and technology, and community
- Build and establish working relationships with key media
outlets. Defend the Charter and Spectrum brands in local news
outlets in coverage focused on negative or contentious aspects of
the business, including service outages, regulatory compliance
issues, employee issues and customer service issues.
- Produce multiple materials, including news releases, and manage
numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure.
- Maintain news outlet distribution lists.
- Contribute content to Charters intranet, Panorama, and other
internal communications vehicles on company initiatives in the
- Actualize the companys corporate social responsibility strategy
through collaboration with national and local partners and
charitable organizations to maximize the impact of Charters
investment of time, talent and financial resources to strengthen
the communities in which we do business and in which our employees
live and work.
- Develop an extensive fluency in Charter and Spectrum offerings,
policies, messages and competitors.
- Interact with employees in all business disciplines and at all
levels in the company.
- Perform other duties as requested by Supervisor.
Skills / Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to
communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, media in person,
on the phone, and by written communications in a clear,
straightforward, and professional manner. Ability to read, write
and/or speak Spanish a plus but not required.
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications
(i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with
Meltwater, Cision or other media communication platforms a
- Excellent writing and media relations skills required; AP style
- Ability to attend to detail
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and
- Ability to prioritize, organize effectively and handle multiple
projects and tasks
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of television, internet and phone products and
services, as well as those of our competitors in industry
- Ability to analyze and interpret data
- Understanding of corporate social responsibility and charitable
- Demonstrates internet research ability Education
Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications or related field or
Related Work Experience
5+ years in communications-related position
Regional travel as required
RCU600 306865-1 306865BR Required
Keywords: SPECTRUM, Milwaukee , Communications, Senior Manager, Executive , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!