Senior Construction Project Manager, Major Projects
Company: Johnson Controls
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Johnson Controls is powered by your talent. We are the power
behind the customer mission. Together we are building a world
that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our diverse global team
creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more
connected, buildings more intelligent and environments more
comfortable and secure. We are all about improving outcomes for our
partners. Tomorrow needs your talent. Tomorrow needs you. So let's
Job DetailsWhat you will doThe Senior Construction Project Manager
is part of our Building Technologies & Solutions business at
Johnson Controls. Will lead large mechanical construction projects
in the Milwaukee, WI area. Will be able to work remote and travel
to customer sites as needed. These projects are HVAC Controls that
are $1M or more. Therefore, we need a seasoned construction
professional to handle the complexities of larger construction
projects. We anticipate adding more positions to the team,
therefore will consider all levels of experience. Come join our
growing business.Under general direction, responsible for the
profitable execution of assigned Projects. Works with Owner and
contractor sales managers and branch installation manager and teams
as needed to provide sales support activities early in the TAS and
development process to provide input on strategy, vendor /
partner's selection, scope enhancements, value engineering, risk
assessment etc. as needed. Ensures that assigned projects are done
accurately, on-time, billed, within budget and within scope of the
contract. Maintains positive cash flow. Actively pursues selling
change orders. Ensures work performed is in compliance with state,
local and Federal legal requirements and operates on the job with
the highest of ethics. Adheres and ensures Johnson Controls staff
and subcontractors adhere to all safety standards. Responsible for
following consistent and repeatable project management procedures
and processes. Maintains an effective balance between customer
satisfaction and project financial results.
How you will do it
- Acts as the primary on-site leader for execution teams on
assigned projects. Develops project schedules and executes
according to plan for assigned projects.
- Evaluates the contractual scope of work and the impact of
client issued bulletins, field directives and / or scheduling
changes. Actively pursues additional work through change orders.
Performs associated cost estimates, prepares proposals and
negotiates final settlement price and customer acceptance.
- Manages costs, billings and collections. Completes project
billings in a timely and accurate format to the client. Maintains
profitability goals and positive cash flow.
- Reviews and interprets contract Terms and Conditions.
- Analyzes financial reporting systems and project schedules to
proactively address potential problems. Effectively communicates
project progress, issues and financial status to management as
required. Utilizes Microsoft Project to execute and evaluate job
progress and risks.
- Manages risks and establishes project recovery plans when
required. Resolves disputes with minimal need for escalation.
- Negotiates, prepares and issues subcontracts.
- Ensures project document controls are in compliance with
contract requirements and JCI standards.
- Oversees project construction for compliance with
specifications, local codes and installation techniques.
- Manages the selection, ordering, and delivery schedule of
materials to be procured for the projects assigned.
- Develops and maintains viable long-term relationships with
customers, consultants, prime contractors and subcontractors.
Attends job progress meetings as required. Ensures subcontractors
understand expectations of the project.
- Coordinates with the CMS and HVAC Installation Manager, Systems
Team Leader and / or Branch Mechanical Project Team Leader for
allocation of resources needed to meet project objectives. Ensures
any engineering and commissioning performed by the field team is in
accordance with established standards. Facilitates escalation of
product related problems.
- Assists Area Management Team and / or sales in project
- Coordinate customer-training requirements.
- For select and / or Mechanical projects, may interface with and
provide direction to Truck Based team(s) that are assigned to
projects under the Project Manager's control.
- For select and / or Mechanical projects, may Self-perform sales
support activities early in the audit process to provide input on
vendor/partners selection, scope enhancements, value engineering,
risk assessment etc.
- For select and / or Mechanical projects, may Self-perform cost
estimating, project scheduling and project management of assigned
projects.What we look forRequired
- Bachelor's degree in Construction, Civil, Mechanical,
Electrical Engineering, Construction Management or Architecture or
an Associate's Degree with equivalent work related experience.
- Minimum of eight years of direct project management experience
in the Building Construction Industry.
- Management experience with projects related to Mechanical
Retrofits, HVAC controls, BAS management, Fire management, and
Security management systems is desired.
- Expectation that PMI/PMP (Project Management Institute, Project
Management Professional) certification will be obtained within 2
years of employment in the position.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to communicate technical material to a
- Proficient in Project Management software and financial
- Strong Personal Computer working capabilities in MS Office
(excel, word, power point, project), Adobe Writer, Visio and basic
- Travel will vary on project assignment. Projects may exist
outside of assigned geography.
- Able to execute projects of higher project and contract
complexity. (Multiple subcontractors and multiple scopes of work)
- Experience in dealing with a large and diverse number of
simultaneous challenges, requiring knowledge of many different
- Where legally permissible, if hired, candidate is required to
be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 no later than his/her start
date, unless candidate has a valid medical condition or sincerely
held religious belief precluding he/she from receiving the
vaccine.Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment
opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected
veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender
identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any
other characteristic protected by law. To view more information
about your equal opportunity and non-discrimination rights as a
candidate, visit EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a
disability and you require an accommodation during the application
process, please visit here.
Keywords: Johnson Controls, Milwaukee , Senior Construction Project Manager, Major Projects, Executive , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!