Assistant Seafood Manager
Company: Restaurant Depot
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Assistant Seafood Manager FULL-TIME $14.50/hr Responsible for
receiving product and ensures that aisles/freezers and
refrigerators are stocked, labeled, clean and delivered product is
packed out, and proper customer service is provided. 50% or more of
the job includes manual labor. Essential functions:
- Ensuring proper customer service and works to develop
relationships with large customers.
- Supervising all activities in the Seafood Department including
product placement, rotation, signage, and displays. Is responsible
for overall department appearance, cleanliness, and adherence to
both government and corporate ordinances. Must maintain records as
required. In the role of Seafood Manager, he/she will oversee the
Assistant Seafood Manager (if applicable), Seafood Supervisors (if
applicable) and Stockers to assure that the Seafood Department is
operating in a manner that adheres to company standards.
- Reviewing inventory for product rotation on a daily basis to
prevent shrinkage and damages.
- Ensuring that shelf pricing is correct and reflects the most
recent pricing and market conditions.
- Supervising the receiving of all seafood products and ensures
that the proper paperwork is completed.
- Maintaining accurate computer inventory levels by having physical
inventories performed on a regular basis and adjustments made.
- Maintaining refrigerated equipment and makes sure maintenance
contracts and schedules are followed.
- Supervising the ordering of seafood products from vendors on a
regular basis to assure we have competitive pricing and minimal
shrink due to spoilage and not have too much inventory on hand.
- Making sure all the employees in the department can work the
equipment such as Toledo scale and Dennison label machine.
- Coordinating that the pallets stored in the racks have the proper
block and date tags.
- Following program to maintain the cleanliness of the area by a
regular maintenance schedule of scrubbing, and pulling out pallets
and cleaning underneath.
- Performing weekly self audits of the Seafood Department. MKE-04
WS-04 Schedule Shift start: 6:00AM or 7:00AM or 8:00AM or 9:00AM or
10:00AM Shift length: 9.5 hours 5 shifts per week. Opening,
Closing, Mid shifts will ne necessary. Each shift is 9.5 hours. OT
is paid after 40 hours. Benefits
- Health, dental, vision insurance - available after 90 days
- Paid time off
- 401(k) plan Qualifications
- Must pass drug screen (cannabis included)
- Can lift 50 lbs
- Must be at least 18+ years old Bachelor s Degree or high school
diploma/GED with at least 4 years experience in customer
serviceBasic math skillsComputer Literacy About Restaurant Depot
Restaurant Depot is a Members-Only Wholesale Cash & Carry
Foodservice Supplier. Their mission is to be your one-stop shop for
savings, selection, and service, seven days a week. They have been
supplying independent food businesses with quality products from
large cash and carry warehouse stores since 1990. They became the
leading low-cost alternative to other foodservice suppliers by
eliminating the overhead of a traditional distributor, focusing on
the needs of independent foodservice operators and offering free
membership. Associated topics: day manager, day shift manager,
director food and beverage, floor manager, night shift manager,
restaurant leader, restaurant operations, service manager, shift
manager, store manager
Keywords: Restaurant Depot, Milwaukee , Assistant Seafood Manager, Executive , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!