Sourcing Manager - Indirect
Company: The Carlisle Group
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Our client is a global bioscience company that develops natural
ingredient solutions for the food, nutritional, pharmaceutical and
agricultural industries. There are more than 3,000 dedicated
employees in over 30 countries! We have been retained to find a
talented Sourcing Manager - Indirect! This position works under
limited supervision and is primarily responsible for establishing
and executing sourcing strategies in line with the company and
divisional business strategies to ensure maximum value contribution
in the indirect spend categories in the US. Job Requirements:
- Responsible for category management and sourcing activities for
a number of product and/or service categories.
- Facilitates supplier negotiations and management of supplier
- Collaborates cross-functionally to establish and implement
- Assures close alignment with Local Organizational requirements
as well as act as local representative of global sourcing
- Manages and maintains the C-Buy system in cooperation with the
local super user.
- Focuses on change and stakeholder management due to extensive
internal network of users/stakeholders.
- Develops and manages supplier portfolios, establishes
structured supplier relationships and aligns with Global Category
Management on strategic spends.
- Handles vendor and material management including vendor
approval, performance evaluation and audit documentation.
- Updates the master data and customer action requests.
- Undertakes category management and other sourcing activities by
applying best-practice processes, tools, and techniques, in
accordance with procurement governance, processes, standards and
- Monitors supplier market profiles to identify opportunities
within the marketplace.
- Establishes and maintains preferred supplier lists, corporate
contracts and framework agreements.
- Proactively develops and manages internal stakeholder relations
through periodic review meetings as well as high quality on ongoing
- Provides reports and manages information/data as required for
sourcing / procurement and/or Corporate purposes.
- Provides ready packages for procurement implementation.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Must have good negotiation and analytical skills.
- Capable of challenging the conventional wisdom, be open-minded,
innovative and self-confident in the face of resistance.
- Possess good business acumen.
- Knowledge of the sourcing process and tools, specifically in
- APICS or CPM certification is preferred.
- Possess a working knowledge in Microsoft Office programs and
- These characteristics are normally acquired through a Bachelors
degree in a business or scientific field and a minimum of five
years of purchasing management experience, preferably in the food
- Travel up to 20%. signed commodities
Keywords: The Carlisle Group, Milwaukee , Sourcing Manager - Indirect, Executive , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!