Account Manager, Professional Membership
Company: American Heart Association
Posted on: November 26, 2022
OverviewNow is the time to join us and make a difference. Be a
relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives. Here at
the American Heart Association, you matter and so does your
career.The American Heart Association (AHA) has an excellent
opportunity for Manager in our Professional Membership group at our
National Center office located in Dallas, TX .The manager is a
liaison and provides key volunteer leadership to Scientific
Councils, subcommittees including chairpersons of Council
Leadership CommitteesThe Association offers many resources to help
you maintain work-life harmonization through your changing needs
and life situations. To help you be successful, you will have
access to Heart U, our award-winning corporate university, as well
as training and support locally and through our National
Center.ResponsibilitiesEssential Job Duties:
- Develop and nurture relationships with volunteers and key
leaders to successfully drive membership.
- Volunteer management.
- Lead logistics and registration for leadership, functional and
special interest committee meetings and teleconferences.
- Manage processes for nominating and slating Council officers,
at-large members, and assembly delegates; appointing committee
members; and submitting nominations for AHA positions and
- Supervise recruitment and retention of Professional Members on
an overall basis and for assigned Scientific Councils.
- Handle revenue and budget for established portfolio while
identifying potential cost savings and revenue gains.
- Management of project timelines, deadline compliance and
effective communication and dissemination of both.
- implement and complete strategic goals to grow the membership
and engagement for assigned Councils.
- Establishing trusted communication with volunteers and
anticipate needs and expectations.QualificationsWant to help get
your resume to the top? Take a look at the experience we require:
- Bachelors Degree from a four-year college or university.
- Minimum of two (2) years of project management experience in a
professional business setting.
- Ability to prioritise multiple projects simultaneously in
- Ability to meet established deadlines while working
- Knowledge of Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, Power Point,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service skills to both
internal and external customers.
- Ability to travel overnight approx. 10% of the time.Here are
some of the preferred skills we are looking for:
- Prior Non-profit experience.
- Teamwork skills with the ability to work as part of a
team.Compensation & BenefitsThe American Heart Association invests
in its people. Here are the main components of our total rewards
package. Visit Rewards & Benefits to see more details.
- Compensation Our goal is to ensure you have a competitive base
salary. Thats why we regularly review the market value of jobs and
make adjustments, as needed.
- Performance and Recognition You are rewarded for achieving
success by merit increases and incentive programs, based on the
type of position.
- Benefits We offer a wide array of benefits including medical,
dental, vision, disability, and life insurance, along with a robust
retirement program that includes an employer match and automatic
contribution. As a mark of our commitment to employee well-being,
we also offer an employee assistance program, employee wellness
program and telemedicine, and medical consultation.
- Professional Development You can join one of our many Employee
Resource Groups (ERG) or be a mentor/mentee in our professional
mentoring program. HeartU is the Associations national online
university, with more than 100,000 resources designed to meet your
needs and busy schedule.
- Work-Life Harmonization The Association offers Paid Time Off
(PTO) at a minimum of 16 days per year for new employees. The
number of days will increase based on seniority level. You will
also have a total of 12 paid holidays off each year, which includes
several days off at the end of the year.The American Heart
Associations 2024 Goal: Every person deserves the opportunity for a
full, healthy life. As champions for health equity, by 2024, the
American Heart Association will advance cardiovascular health for
all, including identifying and removing barriers to health care
access and quality.At American Heart Association - American Stroke
Association, diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity applies to
both our workforce and the communities we serve as it relates to
heart health and stroke prevention.This position not a match with
your skills? Click here to see other opportunities.Be sure to
follow us on Twitter #TheAHALifeEOE/Protected Veterans/Persons with
DisabilitiesLocation US-TX-DallasPosted Date 4 weeks ago
(10/26/2022 5:41 PM)Requisition ID 2022-8391Job Category Meetings &
MembershipsAdditional Locations Diversity Distribution US - Top
47Position Type Full TimeLocation: WI-Milwaukee
Keywords: American Heart Association, Milwaukee , Account Manager, Professional Membership, Executive , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!