Facility & Office Manager
Company: Veolia North America
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Company DescriptionVeolia Group aims to be the benchmark company
for ecological transformation. With nearly 220,000 employees
worldwide, the Group designs and provides game-changing solutions
that are both useful and practical for water, waste and energy
management. Through its three complementary business activities,
Veolia helps to develop access to resources, preserve available
resources and replenish them. In 2021, the Veolia group provided 79
million inhabitants with drinking water and 61 million with
sanitation, produced nearly 48 million megawatt hours and recovered
48 million tonnes of waste. Veolia Environnement (Paris Euronext:
VIE) achieved consolidated revenue of 28,508 billion euros in 2021.
Job DescriptionPOSITION PURPOSEThe main goal of a Facility Manager
is to ensure that the assigned VNA office operates smoothly and
efficiently, providing a safe, sustainable and thriving work
environment for employees and visitors. This role oversees the
office space and directs effective corporate-wide administrative
support services and proper and efficient use of office space,
overseeing also capital project/renovation projects within an
assigned VNA office.PRIMARY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the operations of the assigned office and potential
outdoor surroundings: office space, mailroom, kitchen, meeting and
training rooms, outsourced cleaners, greeting visitors, etc.
- Supervise, mentor, training and coaching of the office staff
- Maintains active liaison and assists Procurement and vendors in
coordinating purchases and deliverables appropriate and within
budgetary guidelines and service contracts from outside service,
- Manage the H&S committee for the office assigned and ensure
a safe environment for all employees.
- Oversees office supplies and equipment purchase, maintaining
proper stock level and all archiving initiatives for the assigned
- In collaboration with the VNA Communication department, make
appropriate adjustments to the workplace to integrate Company's
branding elements in the office.
- Oversees, manages and maintains ID Badge/Access Card
- Manage departmental requests through the Building Management
team and third party vendors.
- Oversee Conference room/Training Room Management at the
Corporate Office and surrounding sites, when needed.
- Oversees audio visual, multi-functional device, and lighting
systems, and diagnose/troubleshoot when needed.
- Maintain space planning and seating chart in collaboration with
the Head of office and Departments leads.
- Manage capital projects and small projects related to space
planning, build outs, renovations, and related moves of the
assigned office space location.
- Work with procurement in RFP processes for service contracts
pertaining to maintenance and/or project related items.
- Work with building property manager to ensure the office is
safely and adequately maintained (e.g ensure proper functioning of
HVAC, maintain a satisfactory condition of the office and make
appropriate decisions / repair or replacement requests, recommend
maintenance, mechanical, electrical and facility design
modifications, be the emergency contact for building
- Work with the landlord on certifications for the assigned
office (I.g., LEED).
- Develop and implement initiatives to create a sustainable
office environment in order to comply with Company purpose and
- Participate in diverse committees related to employee
engagement and activities for the assigned office including ways to
collaborate with other VNA office locations.
- Responsible for monthly accrual reports, variances, operations
reports, reconciliation reports, creating and maintaining the
annual budget for the scope of
responsibilities.QualificationsEducation / Experience / Background
- Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent work
- A minimum of 5 years managing a corporate office with over 100
- Experience in managing office projects and small teamKnowledge
/ Skills / Abilities
- Possess strong understanding of Building Operations: Prepare
and maintain service contracts, coordinate all necessary moves,
minor and capital projects.
- Excellent organizational skills for coordinating all moves,
space planning and layouts
- Experience in managing a budget
- Knowledge and working experience in archiving
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal/external
- Possess strong organizational skills, have the ability to
prioritize and focus on areas of significant impact
- Possess Project Management Skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent working knowledge of the Google Platform tools
(Sheets, docs, slides) or the equivalent with MicrosoftRequired
Certification / Licenses / Training
- Facilities Management Administrator (FMA ) Designation a
plusAdditional InformationA subsidiary of Veolia group, Veolia
North America (VNA) offers a full spectrum of water, waste and
energy management services, including water and wastewater
treatment, commercial and hazardous waste collection and disposal,
energy consulting and resource recovery. VNA helps commercial,
industrial, healthcare, higher education and municipality customers
throughout North America. Headquartered in Boston, Mass., Veolia
North America has more than 10,000 employees working at more than
350 locations across the continent.
Keywords: Veolia North America, Milwaukee , Facility & Office Manager, Executive , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!