Engineering Lab Manager
Company: U-Line Corporation
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Position: Engineering Lab ManagerSince 1962, U-Line Corporation
has been creating products designed for a modern lifestyle -
beautiful and functional refrigeration and ice products that
properly preserve food, beverages, and wine. Proudly manufactured
in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA. Since 2014, U-Line has been part of
the Middleby family of brands. Learn more at u-line.com.Reports to:
Director of EngineeringEmployment Type: Full-time, Salary,
ExemptPerks: Listed below is what we're looking for from you. From
U-Line, you can expect:
- A competitive benefits package including 401(k) matching
- Free to all full-time employees is life insurance, short- and
long-term disability insurance
- Employee referral program
- Tuition reimbursement to help grow your career skills and
- An exciting and challenging work environment with a casual
dress codePosition Overview:Management of the Engineering
Laboratory and Model Shop.Responsibilities:
- Hands on Working Manager; Will be expected to build-up units
for test, perform testing, document test data, and issue reports
with conclusions and recommendations.
- Refrigeration system design and qualification testing as
required to support both New Product Development (NPD) initiatives,
and mature product maintenance. Working closely with Design
- Manage lab staff of 2-4 direct reports
- Understand and test pre-production, and production units for
Compliance with Safety, energy, and other standards
- Work closely with Compliance manager, able to determine which
tests are required for agency approval.
- Organized and detail oriented, must submit data and reports to
various agencies in a timely manner and proficiency
- Must maintain departmental procedures for documentation of
product performance testing and agency compliance records, both
product and facility.
- Laboratory Quality manual to ISO 17025, OHSA for the
Underwriters Laboratory Data Acceptance Program (DAP)
- Participation in yearly agency audits of products and test
- Responsible to maintain, upgrade, and coordinate calibration of
test facilities, data acquisition systems, and equipment as
required to support new product development and laboratory
certifications, inclusive of, but not limited to, UL, CSA, and
- Creation and maintenance of test procedures for components and
- Provide manufacturing support as required for product assembly,
work instructions, operator training, and on-line safety /
- Performs other duties as assignedQualifications:
- Engineering Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or related HVAC
- Minimum 10-years' experience in design and test of household
- Familiarity with refrigeration product test procedures and
- Refrigeration test lab management experience a plus.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Must be experienced in refrigeration product energy
certification, energy listings, and compliance with all domestic
and International safety agency and regulatory requirements.
- Fluent with use of MS Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Ability to work shifts and hours mandated by management and to
pass a drug screen.
- Prefer prior experience with UL, CE, NSF, CSA, CEC, NRCan,
- 0-5% domestic travelWorking Conditions:
- Office based
- 8-hour shifts
- Monday- FridayPI196745903
Keywords: U-Line Corporation, Milwaukee , Engineering Lab Manager, Executive , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!