Property Manager - Snowberry (UP Michigan)
Company: Millennia Housing Management
Posted on: November 26, 2022
The *Affordable Housing Property Manager* must demonstrate
experience in effective property management for affordable
programs. The *Affordable Housing* *Property Manager* is
responsible for the property's overall performance, including
financial results, legal and compliance adherence, resident
satisfaction, building health and maintenance, and employee
*Essential Functions and Responsibilities*
* Foster an inclusive working environment.
* Promote growth by implementing training and development plans for
* Ensure that employees have the necessary tools to be
* Collect 100% of the rent every month. Manage delinquencies as
* Maintain and increase occupancy. Maximize the rent potential of
* Maintain and process application waiting list.
* Resident selection and certification to ensure all required
paperwork, financial & program. Eligibility is completed accurately
* Control expenses according to established budgets.
* Pass REAC and MOR inspections, as well as maintaining required
housing and company quality standards.
* Conducts initial lease process with certification and annual
re-certification for HUD and Tax Credit compliance.
* Ensures Section 8 and HUD regulations are adhered to.
* Plan and execute activities throughout the year, including
parties, events, etc.
* Handle tenant complaints and emergencies promptly.
* Providing excellent customer service.
* Ensure work orders are created and processed promptly.
* Conduct unit inspections, including quarterly inspections.
* Ensuring that the property's curb appeal is impeccable.
_Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions._
*Required Education and Experience*
* Three years' experience with HUD Section 8 and LIHTC experience a
plus Prior experience with REACS & MOR audits, preferred
* Housing experience required, preferably affordable housing with
an emphasis on the Department of Housing and Urban Development
(HUD) and Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC).
* Must be willing and able to travel.
* Excellent communication skills are critical, including verbal and
* Must possess superior customer service, communication, and
* Ability to analyze complex problems, propose workable solutions,
and implement corrective actions in all situations.
* Able to influence effectively; gain support for new ideas and
approaches across multiple stakeholders with varying agendas and
* Solid understanding of budgeting, and business operations.
* Superior analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
* A strong strategic and business mindset.
* Excellent organizational skills.
*Work Conditions & Physical Demands*
* Work is performed indoors and outdoors in a residential setting
with regular exposure to cold, heat, noise, people, and equipment.
Due to travel, the incumbent is exposed to vehicles, planes, and
other methods of transportation.
* Able to work independently or as a team member and support
managers with special projects.
* Strong collaboration skills - works well across functional
areas-excellent relationship-building skills; able to collaborate
with various levels of the organization.
* The physical demands described here represent those that an
employee must meet to perform the essential functions of this job
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger,
handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and
arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or
hear, and taste or smell.
*Values We Seek*
* *Respect*: Respect is shown by demonstrating a sense of
self-awareness and reflecting on one's own words and actions to
adapt, grow, and succeed. We embrace our differences while
recognizing what brings us together.
* *Collaboration: * Collaboration begins with strengthening our
relationships with our residents, owners, partners, and employees,
relying on strong communication and a deep understanding of the
values and needs of all those involved.
* *Service-Focused: * Understand what internal and external
stakeholders value and anticipate their needs; strive to create a
meaningful experience and build lasting relationships.
* *Performance: * Achieving exceptional performance requires us all
to work on the right things at the right time and stay aligned with
our business fundamentals and priorities. It also requires us to
understand the business - carefully and critically analyzing our
performance and metrics and weighing options and risks before
*Expected Hours of Work & Travel*
* Must be able to work various shifts when needed to cover during
regular business hours, including weekends and evenings.
* Travel required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Each applicant for employment
is solely based on job qualifications, regardless of race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, age,
disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other
classification protected by law.
*Background Check Process*
Employment with Millennia Housing Management, Ltd. is contingent on
completing a complete background check process, including
reference, pre-employment drug testing, credit, and criminal
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of the employee's activities, duties, or
responsibilities for this job. The employee signature below
constitutes the employee's understanding of the requirements,
essential functions, and duties of the position. Duties,
responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or
*About The Millennia Companies*
*Founder and Chief Executive Officer Frank T. Sinito entered the
real estate business in 1985 with the purchase of a 14-unit
multi-family development in Northeast Ohio, handling all aspects of
property management and developing a passion for providing
exemplary and caring service to residents. From this start, Sinito
went on to acquire additional apartment developments, and, in 1995,
he founded The Millennia Companies - (Millennia), a
high-performance business enterprise that has grown to operate in a
diverse set of sectors; opportunities exist in multi-family real
estate development, property management, commercial real estate,
hospitality and more. We invite you to thrive in your career here
as we serve thousands of residents, clients, and customers
throughout our dynamic group of companies.*
You can make a difference at Millennia. Do you value respect,
service, performance, and collaboration? These values drive our
culture and success, and we recruit employees who embody them. When
you join our team, you will be part of an environment that fosters
growth and enables excellence. You will also meet passionate
employees who work together to advance our mission and create a
culture of excellence recognized by industry associations. In 2020,
Millennia ranked #1 on the Affordable Housing Finance (AHF) list of
Top 10 Companies Completing Substantial Rehabilitation, #4 on the
AHF list of Top 50 Affordable Housing Owners, and #18 on the
Multi-Housing News list of Top Developers.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 - $50,000.00 per year
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Employee discount
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Professional development assistance
* Referral program
* Retirement plan
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
* Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Milwaukee, WI: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before
starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Millennia Housing Management, Milwaukee , Property Manager - Snowberry (UP Michigan), Executive , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!