Chief Medical Officer-Ozaukee
Company: Ascension Health Alliance
Posted on: May 27, 2023
DetailsAscension Wisconsin is looking for a mission driven,
dynamic leader to serve as our Chief Medical Officer, Ascension
Columbia St. Mary's Hospital - Ozaukee campus. BenefitsPaid time
off (PTO)Various health insurance options & wellness
plansRetirement benefits including employer match plansLong-term &
short-term disabilityEmployee assistance programs (EAP)Parental
leave & adoption assistanceTuition reimbursementWays to give back
to your communityAs a military friendly organization, Ascension
promotes career flexibility and offers many benefits to help
support the well-being of our military families, spouses, veterans
and reservists. Our associates are empowered to apply their
military experience and unique perspective to their civilian career
with Ascension.*Please note, benefits and benefits eligibility can
vary by position, exclusions may apply for some roles (for example:
PRN, Short-Term Option, etc.). Connect with your Talent Advisor
today for additional specifics. ResponsibilitiesAscension
WisconsinIn Wisconsin, Ascension operates 17 hospital campuses,
more than 100 related healthcare facilities and employs more than
1,100 primary and specialty care clinicians from Racine to
Appleton. Serving Wisconsin since 1848, Ascension is a faith-based
healthcare organization committed to delivering compassionate,
personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living
in poverty and those most vulnerable. We invite you to explore a
career with Ascension Wisconsin where you can make an immediate
impact in the communities we serve.The Chief Medical Officer
develops strategies to align with the mission, vision and values of
Ascension. Provides oversight for medical and clinical areas to
ensure achievement of goals for the department(s). The position
involves both operational and clinical oversight responsibilities
and works closely with the faculty and leadership in the
accomplishment of these responsibilities.Responsibilities:
- Acts as an advocate on behalf of our patients, physicians and
- Builds and cultivates strong physician relations within all of
Ascension's operating entities.
- Identifies, cultivates and develops emerging physician leaders,
provides coaching and mentoring by identifying deficits and needs
for physician leadership training and opportunity.
- Provides leadership to management within areas of
responsibility, to include but not limited to;Quality and
SafetyUtilization ReviewMedical Staff governance guidancePeer
Review, Credentialing and OPPEGrowth and Strategic Planning
- Oversees the development and continuous improvement of
services, policies, processes, and programs, including medical
practice review, governance, credentialing, privileging, peer
review, medical information systems, and telemedicine
- Prioritizes and develop clinical quality improvement processes
plans and engages medical staff in process improvement
- Promotes evidenced-based medicine by actively promoting the
delivery of care services that are based on best clinical practice
- Promotes patient centered care, ensures that decisions respect
patients' wants, needs, and preferences, and that patients have the
education and support they need to make decisions and participate
in their own care.
- Creates a culture of engagement and alignment between the
medical staff and the organizational strategic vision and
- Partner with the Chief Medical Informatics Officer to ensure
that data and metrics are accurate, current, well-defined and
- If the organization has a chief medical informatics officer
(CMIO), the two must work together to institute electronic medical
records (EMR) and computerized physician order entry (CPOE) systems
that actually work, are user-friendly, and facilitate meaningful
communication of medical information.
- Formulates and implements operational strategies and
initiatives, including patient safety, performance improvement and
- Champions transparent performance improvement metrics in
building a partnership between the medical staff and Nursing and
- Establishes strong relationships with community and business
leaders as well as state and local government officials
- Oversee operations, budget, financial targets, and human
- Partners with service line leaders by evaluating new clinical
business line opportunities that align with the strategic vision,
by actively engaging in strategic planning for service line
business plan development. Monitors market trends, market share
data and physician practices to look for opportunities for business
growth. Implements new clinical initiatives and business plans as
directed as the executive lead.
- Directs and oversees the process for counseling and managing
issues of physician professional conduct. Ensures adherence and
completion of medical staff decisions regarding peer review and
physician behavioral issues.
- Leads the development of continuing medical education (CME),
and other relevant education programs for medical staff.
- Provides consultative support to graduate and under-graduate
medical education programs, if applicable.
- Facilitates GME activities on hospital campus by ensuring
hospital compliance and readiness for Clinical Learning Environment
Review (CLER) visits by the ACGME.
- Works collaboratively with other staff to provide necessary
clinical support services to facilities and medical staff. Assumes
administrative leadership as mutually agreed.
- Ensures licensing and other governmental and regulatory
requirements. Participates in surveys and inspections by
- Assists in investigating complaints, incidents, claims of
malpractice and/or negligence on the art of hospital personnel and
- Monitors major issues and trends in the practice of medicine
and area of health policy advising medical staff and executive
leadership in relation to organization activities.
- Serves as an advocate, intermediary and facilitator with
external regulators for regulatory matters. Facilitates system
training and implementation for physicians and assists in
development of training modules and other EMR features.
- Facilitates development, training and implementation of High
Reliability Organization principles for physician activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned. RequirementsLicensure /
Certification / Registration:
- Physician MD/DO credentialed from the Wisconsin Medical
Examining Board obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred.Work
- 10 years of experience required.
- 15 years of experience preferred.
- 5 years of leadership or management experience preferred.
- A strong commitment to the mission of Catholic healthcare and a
personal and professional presence to provide moral and spiritual
leadership on behalf of the Ascension; a values-driven leadership
style which is guided in thinking, in acting, and stewardship by
sensitivity to the mission values of Ascension Health.
- The ability to lead, manage and contribute in the context of an
increasingly multidimensional regional health system; a leadership
style which 1) reflects strong operational skills and financial
acumen; 2) is highly collaborative and flexible; 3) is able to
contribute in a complex, matrix management environment as both a
teammate and a leader; 4) is associated with a "back to basics"
approach to managing a complex organization, and 5) demonstrates a
comfort level with appropriate risk taking.
- Demonstrated physician relationship building skills; a
commitment to and a demonstrated track record in developing
creative physician alignment strategies, accompanied by the
credibility, communication skills, negotiating ability, political
acumen, integrity, personal demeanor, and knowledge base to reach
out and forge collaborative relationships with the hospital's
- A highly effective communicator who will make communications a
top priority within the organization. The Vice President Medical
Affairs / Chief Medical Officer will be a responsive, relational,
interactive, and accountable leader who will recognize the
importance of building consensus and providing leadership based on
credibility, influence, respect, and listening skills.
- An appreciation of the challenges and the opportunities
associated with delivering comprehensive services within the
context of a multi-site and growing regional health system.
- A management style which communicates a sense of quality,
equality, and inclusiveness; a sensitivity to the issue of
diversity and the commitment to developing a mindset and a culture
within the hospital which reflects the value of difference.
- A demonstrated track record in developing clinical programs and
services to enhance employee and patient satisfaction, including
the development of measurement systems to monitor change over
- A proven ability as a skilled change agent with sensitivity to
the interpersonal, organizational, political, perceptual, fiscal,
and environmental issues which invariably accompany an
organizational change process, across a complex, matrix
- In all of the above, a professional and personal presence which
is driven by values, honesty, integrity, and the ability to inspire
and promote the philosophy, mission, goals, and values of the
Ascension.#le@der Why Join Our TeamAscension Wisconsin has been
providing rewarding careers to healthcare professionals since 1848.
Operating 17 hospital campuses and over 100 related healthcare
facilities from Racine to Appleton, you will find opportunities
that allow you to create a career path you love, all while
delivering compassionate, personalized care to the communities we
serve.Ascension is a leading non-profit, faith-based national
health system made up of over 150,000 associates and 2,600 sites of
care, including more than 140 hospitals and 40 senior living
communities in 19 states.Our Mission, Vision and Values encompass
everything we do at Ascension. Every associate is empowered to give
back, volunteer and make a positive impact in their community.
Ascension careers are more than jobs; they are opportunities to
enhance your life and the lives of the people around you. Equal
Employment Opportunity EmployerAscension will provide equal
employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for
employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin,
citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or
expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic
information, carrier status or any other legally protected status
or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable
federal, state and local laws.For further information, view the
poster or poster.Please note that Ascension will make an offer of
employment only to individuals who have applied for a position
using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent
offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking
information from applicants.This Ministry does not participate in
E-Verify and therefore cannot employ STEM OPT candidates.
Keywords: Ascension Health Alliance, Milwaukee , Chief Medical Officer-Ozaukee, Executive , Mequon, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...