Assistant Director, Field Case Management Operations
Company: Northwestern Mutual
Posted on: November 19, 2023
At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Summary: Responsible for building and maturing the Field
Interaction operations team, setting direction and implementing
strategy for interactions with our field force and business
partners in support of underwriting across Life, DI and LTC product
lines. Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership, strategic, and operational direction to
managers and others, ensuring that the operation is running
efficiently, within budget, and business outcomes are met.
- Plays a key role in building, developing, managing and
supporting the Field Interaction Domain. Includes ensuring the
appropriate services are offered and that service levels (including
quality) are met to deliver high field and client
- Builds and maintains relationships and serves as a point of
contact for our field force.
- Acts as the subject matter expert to priorities and initiatives
that are integral to developing the Field Interaction model.-- Sets
case management and field interaction standards that deliver
proactive field communications, creates underwriter capacity,
aligns to the industry to ensure a competitive environment and
balances mortality with making it easier for the field to interact
with the team during the underwriting process.--
- Works cross functionally to manage day to day relationships and
serves as thought leader to internal business partners
- Coordinates analysis from business partners and operationalizes
new processes and services delivered in the Field Interaction
- Cultivates strong relationships in order to mature, evolve and
improve field interactions and case management techniques with key
stakeholders' to achieve operational objectives and ensure outcomes
reflect an enterprise view and meet field and client needs.
- Accountable for maintaining peer and industry relationships and
education on current and future state best practices in case
management and support of the network offices field force and
incorporating innovation and industry best practices into the
strategic direction of the company's operations. Qualifications:
- A minimum of 8 years of progressively responsible
management-level experience, including experience managing leaders,
maturing and improving operations, and underwriting
- Demonstrated leadership in projects or collaborative team
efforts. Proficient in problem solving, process improvement and in
project management methodology.
- Excellent research, analytical, problem solving, planning, and
- Ability to prioritize concurrent ambiguous assignments with
great responsiveness to changing business needs.
- Proven ability to think and apply strategic direction across
departments by considering a broad range of internal and external
- Ability to lead decision making process through idea sharing
and consensus building.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate with Home Office teams and
Field partners at all levels while exercising tact, diplomacy,
resourcefulness, and understanding to maintain harmonious working
- Proven ability to build strong external networks with people in
the industry and/or professionals to help anticipate future
consequences and trends accurately.
- High degree of self-motivation and thought leadership to take
the initiative for sharing information, contributing towards group
goals and being accountable for results.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, develop and motivate a diverse
staff in a continually changing environment.
- Prior people leadership experience required with preferred
experience of 3-5 years in an operational area. Benefits:
- Competitive base pay
- Pension plan
- Educational assistance
- Performance based incentive pay
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Parental leave
- Caregiver time off
- ---.and more Compensation Range: Pay Range - Start: $97,930.00
Pay Range - End: $181,870.00 Northwestern Mutual pays on a
geographic-specific salary structure and placement in the salary
range for this position will be determined by a number of factors
including the skills, education, training, credentials and
experience of the candidate; the scope, complexity as well as the
cost of labor in the market; and other conditions of employment. At
Northwestern Mutual, it is not typical for an individual to be
hired at or near the top of the range for their role and
compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances
of each case. Please note that the salary range listed in the
posting is the standard pay structure. Positions in certain
locations (such as California) may provide an increase on the
standard pay structure based on the location. Please click for
additional information relating to location-based pay structures.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our
client's interests at the center of all we do. Get started now! We
are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or
expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or
status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic
protected by law. If you work or would be working in California,
Colorado, New York City, Washington or outside of a Corporate
location, please click for information pertaining to compensation
and benefits. FIND YOUR FUTUREWe're excited about the potential
people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here
while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to
diversity and inclusion.--
- Flexible work schedules
- Concierge service
- Comprehensive benefits
- Employee resource groupsPandoLogic. Keywords: Director of Case
Management, Location: Franklin, WI - 53132
Keywords: Northwestern Mutual, Milwaukee , Assistant Director, Field Case Management Operations, Executive , Franklin, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!