Assistant Program Director- Parsons House
Company: Wisconsin Community Services
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Job Responsibilities:Position Summary: The Assistant Program
Director assists in managing the overall operations and staff of
this 40 Bed Residential Re-entry Center for adults under the
supervision of the Federal Bureau of Prisons. This position is also
responsible for the clinical supervision and evaluation of
counseling staff, and programs to ensure that treatment components
and delivery are consistent with Evidence Based Best Practice. This
position is also responsible for the facilitation of the Program
Review Team Meetings. Essential Functions:
- Assume duties of Program Director in their absence. This
leadership position necessitates a proactive individual who
demonstrates initiative and willingly provides support wherever
- Assist Director in the day-to-day operation of the
- Ensure compliance with house rules, program expectations and
- Conduct intake screening to determine appropriateness of
prospective residents and coordinate entrance of new
- Administer pre and post risk and need assessments for all
- Maintain resident referral list and act as liaison to funding
- Directly supervise all counseling staff and security/ support
staff in the absence of the Director.
- Conduct weekly staff meeting with counseling staff to review
- Assist Director in program planning, development, program
audits, and staff evaluations, monitoring for compliance of
licensing and funding sources requirements.
- Audit resident files and SecurManage database to ensure
- Audit counseling staff files to ensure that all agency,
funding, and regulatory requirements are documented and in file as
- Assist Director in the training of staff, student interns,
- Provide individual/group counseling and case management as
needed or directed.
- Must be on-call 24/7 for emergencies.
- Attend all staff meetings and training sessions.
- Coordinate and organize activities related to resident
participation in the WCS Employment Program.
- Perform all other duties as directed. Other Duties and
- Volunteer to serve on agency committees
- Instill a culture of connection/ belonging with staff to the
agency as a whole. Job Qualifications:Knowledge, Skills and
Abilities: Knowledge of Best Practices in working with offenders
and ability to model, coach, and teach staff these Best Practices.
Ability to communicate effectively with staff and residents.
Demonstrate sensitivity toward cultural, ethnic and disability
issues. Must have good organizational, computer, and time
management skills. This person must have good counseling skills and
strong knowledge related to AODA, mental illness, corrections, and
pharmacology. Minimal Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in criminal justice or social service or
related area. (A master's degree in social services
- Prefer Substance Abuse Counselor Certification from State of
Wisconsin Department of Regulation & Licensing.
- Must have a minimum of one year having served Co-Occurring
Disability residents with AODA (Alcohol & Other Drug Abuse) and
- Must have a strong counseling background with skills in both
individual and group counseling and experience in applying these
skills to the needs of adult correctional residents who often have
dual disabilities of AODA and mental health.
- Must have 2 years of previous clinical staff management and
work experience in corrections or related field.
- Must clear a federal and state criminal record and caregiver
- This position requires a pre-employment health screening.
- Requires valid driver's license with insured vehicle. Other Job
Information (if applicable):Work Relationship and Scope: Reports
directly to the Program Director. Employee will have contact with
staff, residents, corrections representatives, which will include
liaison, agents and other professionals. Personal Attributes:
Follow agency Code of Conduct and Leadership Code of Conduct;
adhere to established policies and procedures of the agency and of
all funding sources; conduct self in an ethical manner; maintain
professional and respectful relationships with program staff, other
WCS staff, residents and all external persons and agencies involved
with service provision; possess sensitivity toward cultural, ethnic
and disability issues; demonstrate commitment to agency values and
mission. Working Conditions: Work is performed within a
correctional residential facility where there is consistent
resident activity and contact. Requires handling multiple tasks
simultaneously. This salaried position often involves work beyond
40 hrs. and at irregular hours to respond to program needs and
issues on a 24/7 basis. Physical Demands: Must be able to climb two
to three flights of stairs, evacuate the occupants of building in
less than three minutes in the event of an emergency and able to
provide first aid and CPR.PM21 PI589abeb5f6c2-31181-33165444
Keywords: Wisconsin Community Services, Milwaukee , Assistant Program Director- Parsons House, Executive , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!