Manager AR & Revenue Accounting
Company: Advocate Health
Posted on: November 20, 2023
- Oversees all interfaces into Workday from Epic, both
professional billing and hospital billing, including review of the
reconciliation thereof. Partners with Epic reporting team to ensure
timely and accurate completion of requested reports.
- Leads the accounts receivable reserve process. Performs
detailed review of balance sheet contractual allowances and bad
debt reserve calculations for hospital billing, professional
billing and continuing health. Performs a detailed review of
quarterly hindsight and evaluates the results to determine
necessary changes to accounts receivable reserve process.
Establishes working relationships with managed care operations and
the business office to better understand additional considerations
in setting accounts receivable reserves.
- Evaluates and monitors mix of accounts receivable for both
hospital and professional billing, including documentation of
fluctuations in mix each month, considering if any fluctuations
should impact reserves recorded for the month.
- Evaluates and monitors reimbursement rates by payor, including
documentation of any fluctuations each month, considering if any
fluctuations should impact reserves recorded for the month.
- Assists with the explanation of budget to actual variances for
contractual discounts, including working with managed care
operations to understand fluctuations in the paid claims
information, charity care, and the provision for bad debts.
Presents results to financial planning as part of month end close
- Assists with the preparation of the contractual discount,
uninsured discount, bad debt and charity care budgets.
- Works with Manager of Reimbursement to understand status of
cost report settlements and related reserves and adjust the amounts
recorded in the financial statements to reflect the current
- Works with the VP of Financial Reporting to understand the
status of any compliance and regulatory matters to document on at
least a quarterly basis, an analysis of the revenue recognition
- Works directly with external auditors to facilitate audit
process for accounts receivable, reserves and revenue.
- Performs human resources responsibilities for staff which
include interviewing and selection of new employees, promotions,
staff development, performance evaluations, compensation changes,
resolution of employee concerns, corrective actions, terminations,
and overall employee morale.
- Develops and recommends operating and capital budgets and
controls expenditures within approved budget objectives.
- Responsible for understanding and adhering to the
organization's Code of Ethical Conduct and for ensuring that
personal actions, and the actions of employees supervised, comply
with the policies, regulations and laws applicable to the
Licensure, Registration, and/or Certification Required:
- None Required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field.
- Typically requires 7 years of experience in financial
accounting including experiences in maintaining and analyzing
general ledger accounts and financial statements; participating in
simple general accounting projects; and providing
guidance/leadership to staff accountants and clerical staff.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Demonstrated understanding of generally accepted accounting
- Strong background and experience in the preparation and review
of financial statements and specific account analysis.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating, managing and leading
simple and advanced accounting projects through all phases.
- Expertise using various computers/software systems, including
Excel, Word, database spreadsheets, generating reports from
databases and ledger software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the
ability to communicate/collaborate effectively with all levels of
employees, management, executives, providers and external
- Strong planning and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and analyze the underlying
business and its implications on financial accounting and
- Ability to handle multiple priorities within tight time
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, produce high-quality
results and perform assigned activities in an independent
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Position may require travel which may result in exposure to
road and weather hazards.
- Exposed to normal office environment.
- Operates all equipment necessary to perform the job.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work
expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform
other related duties.
Keywords: Advocate Health, Milwaukee , Manager AR & Revenue Accounting, Executive , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!