General Manager (Hotel)
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Full Service hotel located in southeastern Wisconsin seeking
qualified and experienced Hotel General Manager. We are looking for
a General Manager who has Food & Beverage experience. Our Hotel
includes multiple food & beverage outlets as well as full
meeting/event space. Our company has been a leading employer for
over 40 years. Come join our team! Full and comprehensive benefit
package. The Hotel General Manager is responsible for overall hotel
operations including guest service, revenue maximization, yield
management, sales, marketing, and maintaining the physical property
and positive public image. Below are the Job Functions of the Hotel
- Strategic responsibility for setting goals and action plans to
achieve financial goals of the hotel's top and bottom line Revenue,
Occupancy, Average Daily Rate (ADR), Revenue Per Available Room
(REVPAR), and Gross Operating Profit (GOP).
- Responsibilities include oversight of the Food & Beverage
department of the hotel including restaurant food service and
production, lounge service, and banquet/catering services ensuring
guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating
budget. Supervises daily F&B operations and ensures compliance
with all F&B policies, standards and procedures. Assists in
managing all day-to-day operations. Understands employee positions
well enough to perform duties in employee's absence.
- Overall responsibility for staffing, training, coaching and
discipline of hotel employees.
- Hotel liaison between the community at large, social media
(Trip Advisor/Facebook), website marketing, local and national
media, visitor's bureau(s), city leaders, regulatory authorities,
corporate clientele and VIPs.
- Reviews, codes and approves accounts payable invoices for
appropriate allocation to budgeted departments.
- Assists with preparation of the hotel's annual budget,
recommending changes in capital or operational expenses.
- Analyzes monthly P&L for areas of opportunity to
- Distributes, collaborates and directs department heads and
other staff to help achieve maximum overall performance
- Monitors market and industry trends, reviews STAR reports and
other data to assist in decision-making.
- Negotiate and/or request proposals/bids or rates for
operational services, goods, repairs, etc.
- Facilitator and cheerleader of daily huddles, department head
meetings and all employee meetings including monthly health and
- Respond to accidents/incidents where there is police
involvement, property damage, natural disasters, etc.
- Participates in weekend MOD program. Hotel General Manager
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent education and experience,
- 5+ years of hotel management experience required.
- Group sales experience preferred.
- May work weekends, some nights and holidays.
- Positive, team focused, guest service centered leadership
Keywords: Confidential, Milwaukee , General Manager (Hotel), Executive , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!